40. Sleep Sleep

Jiah arrived at Angels and Devils, and without wasting any time ran out of the car, into the building

Jiah arrived at Angels and Devils, and without wasting any time ran out of the car, into the building. She knew where her brother was, she didn't even think to look around before rushing past the fighting rings and behind the counter, down the stairs and into the basement.

There he was, of course not facing her, he was kneeling with his arms chained behind his back. But she would have recognised her baby brother's form anywhere.

"Let him go," her voice boomed through the room, bouncing off the walls and off the ceiling.

Ji Young immediately whipped his head around, and she caught a quick glance of his face.

His bloodied face.

Without hesitating, she ran up to him but was stopped with a vast force, one person on either side of her grabbing hold of her arms.

"Get off me!" she tried to resist, "What the hell do you want? He's done nothing to you!"

"He hasn't?" he licked his lips and bent down to caress Ji Young's cheek, an action that made Jiah jump forward, trying with all her might to kick.

"You want to tell your sister what you did?"

Ji Young looked to the ground.

"Tell her what you did!" the man now growled, causing Ji Young to whimper quietly, turning to Jiah.

"I beat up someone," he mumbled, and then man barked again.

"What?"

"I beat up his brother!" Ji Young repeated, louder.

"You what?" her voice was barely a whisper. Jiah didn't know what more of her heart could shatter, but at that moment, after hearing Ji Young speak, she felt it break even more.

"And he almost died," the man narrowed his eyes at Ji Young, "Now you're going to have to see how it feels to almost lose a loved one," tilting his head at Jiah, he spoke again, "Although I'm not too sure about the almost."

Right, so their endgame was to kill her. That's why she was there.

Taking a deep breath, she took all of five seconds to look around the room, find anything she could use in her defence. When the man turned back to face Ji Young, she saw in his back pocket something in the faint shape of a key. Looking back to her brother, she saw the chains were tied together with a lock.

While she had never seen Ji Young fight, she assumed he was pretty good because of the fact he almost killed someone. So she decided to trust they could work as a team.

There were only four other people in the room, apart from the two holding Jiah in place, the leader - she assumed - and another girl she recognised to be the one she fought against in the ring that day.

They could do this.

When the leader came closer to Jiah then, reaching a hand out to clutch her neck (perhaps?) she took that moment to put all her weight on the two men either side of her, jump up, and kick both feet at the man's torso.