20. Where She Belonged

tw: violence,,, please skip forward if you need!

Shortly after the pair had put their coats on, Taehyung had turned his computer off, and Jiah took the (empty) notebook from her table which she had 'forgotten' earlier, they were walking to his car in the basement. He had insisted he would drive; she just wouldn't let him.

Why?

She took the driver's seat while he sat in the passenger's seat next to her.

"You really don't need to go through all this trouble," he muttered when she turned the ignition on.

"I know," she replied just as quietly. Neither one wanted the other to hear their words, but they both definitely did.

He directed her to his apartment complex, and that's when it hit her. This was the building she knew inside out right down to its air vents.

At that moment she felt her heart push against that cage surrounding it, the pen that was close to being half-abolished.

Guilt? Nerves? What was this feeling she found bubbling inside her, causing the bugling inside her chest?

He had asked her to park against the curb in the drop off zone, and she turned to him, confused. Why didn't he want her just to park his car in the basement?

"You can drive the car home," it was as if he could read her mind, or maybe her thoughts were so clearly written across her face, "Or else how are you going to get home?"

He was really trusting her, huh.

When she didn't answer, he nodded, opening the passenger car door and hopping out. She also pushed the door on her side open, walking out.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like me to park the car inside for you?"

Pursing his lips, he nodded again, "Use it to get home, I can get a ride with Jimin in the morning," looking at his watch, he shook his head to himself, and, with the dim illumination of a nearby streetlight, Jiah saw crumple of a smile form on his lips, "I mean, later this morning."

He really did seem tired.

That was when she saw a familiar van pull up on the street through the corner of her eye, Hoseok stepping out.

Closing her fists, she faced Taehyung again.

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Today," he grinned a little, tilting his head.

This might have been the first time she saw him smile.

He must be really, really tired.

"Alright, see you today," she corrected herself, and he turned, starting to walk back to his building.