32. Following Her Heart

"Didn't Cap say he had something to tell us today?" Jiah asked, sitting next to Jungkook on the couch as they opened Hoseok's laptop together

"Didn't Cap say he had something to tell us today?" Jiah asked, sitting next to Jungkook on the couch as they opened Hoseok's laptop together. He took a sip from the beer he was holding before turning the computer on. They had promised each other that they would find out what had happened to Hoseok, but they were going to stay right by each other every step of the way. It still hurt too much to even think about the man, they both would crumble if they didn't have each other.

The laptop lit up, Hoseok's screensaver illuminating the room. Tears pricked at their eyes with just the sight of his wallpaper. It was a spontaneous selfie Hoseok had taken of the three of them as they were drinking in their favourite bar. Jiah looking unimpressed on the left of Hoseok, eyes peering over the glass she was drinking from. Jungkook was grinning from ear to ear on the right of him, looking directly at the screen. Hoseok had his arms around them both, squeezing the three of them together so much to fit into the photo that their cheeks were all touching.

Jiah bit her lip, her cheeks feeling warm at the sight of the picture; it was as if she could still sense his cheek on hers.

Jungkook let out a loud sigh, "Where do we even start?"

They couldn't get to anything, however, because as soon as the laptop connected to their wifi, a call came in.

"Hello?" the voice on the other end was confused.

"Sir, hello," Jiah answered the video call, shifting into view so both her and Jungkook could be seen.

"We didn't know you wanted to call using this laptop," Jungkook told him.

"Well, we didn't," he answered, "We just got an alert that this laptop had been turned on again, so we wanted to know what was happening."

Jiah furrowed her eyebrows. That didn't make any sense.

"Anyway," he declared, "We're ready for you to carry out your mission, Shadow."

Her heart sank. There was the other shoe. The other shoe dropping so far down she didn't know if she could ever catch it.

"Finally," Jungkook groaned instinctively, completely forgetting the position his best friend was in.

"What is it?"

"Who," he corrected her, "Who is it, you mean."

"Uh..."

"His name is Jung Hyung Sik," he told them, "We're going to call him Scar."

Jiah furrowed her eyebrows; that was the name of the director Taehyung had introduced to her the other day.

"We're going to need you to get close enough to him to kill him."

She blinked back at her boss.

"What?"

"You heard me."