08. Gratitude

tw: violence,,, please skip forward if you need!

"Oh God, that was one of the most exhilarating missions we've ever done," Jungkook huffed out when they jumped onto his motorcycle.

"You got that right," Jiah laughed, and it could be heard echoing through the empty alley.

"They never know it's coming, I don't understand how naive people can be," she said amidst her laughter.

"Who were they anyway?" Jungkook revved the engine and spun the bike around while Jiah wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her chin on his shoulder, making it easier to talk in his ear while they were riding.

"Not sure, seemed like they did some sort of delivery stuff, seeing the trucks they had come out of."

"You don't think-"

Jiah rolled her eyes - although she knew he couldn't see it - before cutting him off, "No, it's definitely nothing to do with the drug cartel, Jeon, okay?"

This was a total, and complete lie, however. They both knew it. It could not be a coincidence that they were ordered to get rid of transporters right after their gang's drug business started hitting red flags.

"You know what, you're right," he surprised her by saying.

"What?"

"I'm kinda sure that the trucks belonged to another transport company than the one we've always been using."

Jiah slapped his shoulder in pride, "No way! Jeon Jungkook has a brain?"

"Fuck, shut up," she could hear the eye roll in his voice this time, "It said World, pretty sure. That huge conglomerate company."

"Yeah, see? Nothing to do with drugs."

"We can go and celebrate now," he chuckled, "Our friend's waiting for us."

"He's such an interesting guy."

"Huh?"

"Like, he seems bad enough to be one of us, but at the same time, too innocent, you know?"

"Jiah, he's what you call, a sweetheart, okay? Have you heard of those? Sweethearts?"

"Do you think I'm dumb?"

"I wouldn't know, you are very far from being a sweetheart so..."

"Okay shut up and drive, your sweetheart is waiting."

But he wasn't.

When they got to the bar they had agreed to meet at, he wasn't sitting in the table they said to be.

Jungkook sighed, pulling his phone out to call him, "Punctuality is something we gotta teach this kid, fuck, I hate waiting."

"Kid? He's three years older than you, smartass."