24. Clean Hands

The harrowing silence that followed his words was a small indication of how shocked the three of them were

The harrowing silence that followed his words was a small indication of how shocked the three of them were. Hoseok was the first to move, however, turning quickly on his heel and storming out of the garage. Jungkook jumped up after him and followed, leaving Jiah to pierce her eyes into Hoseok's offender.

"What? Why? Why would he want to do that?"

"Again, I don't know," he tilted his head at her, however, biting his bottom lip with a small smirk, "How's Ji Young by the way?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, okay so this man knows a lot more about her than she initially thought.

Heaving in a deep breath, she started speaking again. She had learnt the hard way that if she wanted to protect those who were dear to her, she couldn't go by her instincts, "Why? Why are you asking?"

She had hardly found herself in a situation where someone else had the upper hand on her; this was new.

"Oh nothing," he shook his head, the blood dripping from the top seeming to not phase him in the slightest, although it was really taking over his appearance, "He just doesn't seem to be getting on well with his peers, poor thing."

It was physically painful for her to restrain from standing up and kicking him in the stomach.

"What do you want from him? He's a high school kid, you asshole. He has nothing to do with us."

"You see, that's where you're wrong," grinning, he lifted his hand as much as he could with the cable ties holding him down, wiping the blood which was running down the side of his eyes, he continued, "he's your brother, there's no escaping us for him."

--

"What the fuck does he mean Kim Seokjin?" Jungkook was furious, the one man in their gang outside of their little group of three that he trusted was Hoseok's brother, and now that was all flushed down the drain.

"I-I don't know," Hoseok's voice was shaky, as he sat down on the couch, "Did he mean another Kim Seokjin? Someone who's not my brother?"

Jungkook sighed, frustrated, "Are you really going to try to convince yourself that?"

"No," he buried his face in his hands, not wanting Jungkook to see the tears seeping through his eyelids.

Jiah entered then, seeing the troubled image of her friend on the couch, she plonked herself next to Jungkook, laying a hand on his back and pushing him toward Hoseok. She knew she couldn't comfort somebody else, but Jungkook sure could.

Jungkook joined Hoseok on the couch and wrapped his arm over his shoulder, "Maybe it's not what we think," he said in a low voice, "Maybe he was mistaken."

Hoseok looked up from his hands, turning to Jungkook. This made him inhale a quick breath, for Hoseok's face was wet, eyelashes damp, cheeks rosy from the heat building up inside of him. He really looked broken.