16. Cracks

"You have a meeting with the directors of the cosmetic's department at nine o'clock, the entertainment department at ten and the technology department at eleven

"You have a meeting with the directors of the cosmetic's department at nine o'clock, the entertainment department at ten and the technology department at eleven. I've scheduled your lunch at twelve, and after you have your meeting with the transportation department at one, and finally your bank meeting is at two," Jiah had read out Taehyung's day as soon as he had walked into that office - late - that morning.

"I forgot today was that day," he groaned, spinning in his chair and turning his monitor on, "Could you please do me a favour, for my meeting with the bank, at," he looked over the computer to her.

"Two."

"Two," nodding, he started typing, "could you just go through the following accounts I'm sending through to your email, and do some checks to see if they are just paper companies, or if they are real?"

"Huh?" her mouth was slightly open.

Part of her was confused as to why he was asking her to do that. And the other part was starting to feel something, something she couldn't name.

Because he trusted her. Of course he trusted her. She was his secretary, after all.

But he trusted her with the one thing he really shouldn't have.

Shaking the thoughts, she looked back at him confidently, reminding herself not to think that way. She was put there for that exact reason, and she wasn't going to back down now.

She wasn't like that.

But there were his eyes.

Strong. Silver. Unnerving.

"Can you... can you do that for me?"

"Yes, just send them through, I can run the background checks."

The first two meetings finished on time, Taehyung strolled back into his office, but not before waving hello to Jiah. She prepared his documents for his next meeting so as he was exiting a few seconds later; she passed it to him over the counter.

"Thanks," he started walking away, but stopped, turning back, "How far along are you on those accounts, by the way?"

She looked down at the list on the table that she had printed out, before looking back at him.

Not far. The list was rid of annotations.

"I should be done soon," she forced a smile, and he nodded.

"Alright, thank you for that."

And walked off.

Turning her phone on, she called Hoseok to see how far along he was with the list.

"Yeah?" was how he answered, and Jiah could hear the crunching of chips in his mouth as he did so.

"Are you done with the list?" she snapped, "I need it soon."