54. Finale

tw: violence,,, please skip forward if you need!

Jimin and Jungkook whispered in their earpieces to the Director, telling him that they'd found the room. After doing so, they raised their hands to show they weren't a threat to them.

They didn't know how else to earn the trust of all the terrified people in the room, but they tried their best to soothe them, telling them they were there only to save them.

Jimin rushed to the door, watching out for any danger, before allowing Jungkook to start leading them out of the room and to their van. Jimin's role was to be the end of the trail while Jungkook was to be the head.

They were doing so well, but before they got to the entrance, a couple of men slipped out past some boxes, causing everyone to freeze.

They treaded forward with their guns raised, one aiming at Jungkook while the other aimed at Jimin.

Another mistake was the small misstep in forgetting to give Jimin a weapon.

His heart was now in his throat, thumping so hard he was this close to vomiting it out. Heaving deep, short breaths, he kept looking from them, and to Jungkook, and then to the helpless people he was trying to save.

Both the men worked in an identical fashion, their steps, their grip on the guns, even the small flinching of their shoulders.

However, soon, one of the men started to lower his gun - the one pointed at Jungkook. He seemed to recognise a fellow comrade and decided against him being a threat.

Yet, the other kept walking forward, still aiming his gun at Jimin.

And everything then happened in slow motion - the slow pull of the trigger, the loud shriek Jungkook had let out, the way Jimin pushed a few girls aside so that they were nowhere near him.

And the impact caused him to jolt one shoulder back, before another BANG was followed by his other shoulder rocking backward, too.

"NO!" Jungkook screeched, lunging toward him. "JIMIN NO!"

He kneeled beside the man, not even phased by the immense tears rolling down his cheeks.

Only to see the beauty of the night sky fading right before his eyes.

"Jimin, stay with me!" he yelled again, "Jimin, please!"

He sent the younger one a small smile, which only made him more frustrated.

His heart was right there, sending him the warmest of smiles, copper storms still swirling in his eyes, the addition of the brightness of the sun rippling through them. All fading in his grasp.

"Man," his voice rasped out, and Jungkook hiccuped.

"Jimin, please, you can't go like this, please," the tears wouldn't stop, and Jungkook cursed himself for it. He wanted to see this man clearly; he wanted to see the love of his life without the blurred addition of tears ruining it.