47. Five Four Three Two One

tw: violence,,, please skip forward if you need!

"I need to talk to you," Jiah had always been bold, but she honestly didn't know she'd ever be here, standing in the doorway of Jung Hyung Sik's office, ready to ask for guidance.

It hadn't been too long ago where she would rather walk through fire than ask someone for help, but now she had no shame in doing so.

First, it was Taehyung, then it was Jimin, and now she was confident enough to ask it of him too.

Asking for help didn't mean you were weak; it didn't mean you were vulnerable; it meant you were strong enough to want change.

It took her too long to figure that out.

The smile that appeared on his face surprised her, considering the last time they talked, he had glared at her so deeply she'd felt her insides churn.

"Taehyung's so busy he needed to send his secretary to talk to me instead of him?"

"Uh," she shook her head, "No, it's me that wants to talk to you, not Taehyung."

He looked at her questioningly, reaching around her and closing the door.

"I'm not sure if I should be worried-"

"I should properly introduce myself to you, my name is Lee Jiah, and I'm-"

"I know," he answered, "you're Taehyung's secretary."

"I am, but what I wanted to say is that I'm in Kkangpae. I know you are, or that you were, I don't understand what's happening."

"You're... what?"

"I'd been ordered to kill you, sir," he nodded, opening his mouth to say something, then closed it, "But I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because I know why they want to kill you. My entire life everything's been black and white; the mafia was my home, it's my family. Everything they tell me to do, I do," she told him plainly, "but I'm starting to realise that the world is in colour. The world I've been living in had so many dimensions, but I only saw everything front on.

"I want to help you help those innocent people. I want to join you on your mission to stop the organ harvesting. Please let me help you."

"I don't know what you're-"

"I have nothing to show to prove to you that I'm not luring you into a trap," she admitted, "But my best friend, I know he met with you. Jung Hoseok, that's his name... he was killed."

"What?"

"We need to stop it; we can't have this going on any longer. More people are going to get killed for this. They truly are taking this business way too far."