37. Make Themselves For Each Other

What was Jungkook going to say now? He had made it clear to her that she couldn't let him find out

What was Jungkook going to say now? He had made it clear to her that she couldn't let him find out. And now, not only does he know that Jiah is in the mafia, but he knows everything.

Jimin too.

But it was partly his fault, wasn't it?

"Hey," a tired voice slumped in front of her at the kitchen table, and she lifted her eyes.

He moved so quietly she didn't even realise he had come in.

Trying her best to force a greeting, she opened her mouth to speak, but something on the left side of his neck caught her eye, and she opted for that instead, "Did you get a new tattoo?"

He nodded, turning to let her see it better. It was at the base of his neck, where his collarbone met it, a small but magnificent inscription of... Saturn?

"Is that-"

"Yes," he said tiredly, shaking his head, "Something about him, Jiah, something about him just makes me so intimidated. When we did our research on him, we found out that he would literally do anything and everything to protect Diamond, and although he's our target, I admire that about him so much. So yes, it's Saturn."

"Jungkook," her shoulders drooped, and she decided it was time to tell him. "I have something to tell you."

"Yeah?"

"You know your tattoo," she pointed at the crown imprinted on his skin, "When we go undercover, sometimes it's hard to cover it."

"Yeah..."

"Well Saturn saw it when he was watching the security footage from his apartment, and after he met you, he just... connected the dots."

"What?" now his eyes were bulging out of his skin, "He what?"

"And then he told Taehyung," she continued as if he hadn't spoken, "Now they both know."

"They know?"

Jiah nodded.

"How much?" he asked, "How much do they know?"

"Everything, Jungkook, I had to tell them everything," after Jiah said this, Jungkook jumped up, so hard that his chair fell back, "I'm sorry Jungkoo-"

"We're dead," he whispered, "They're dead... Oh God, Oh God-"

"Jungkook, listen," she reached out for his wrist and clasped her hand firmly around it, "We can work with them, we can make sure no one finds out they know, we can get through this-"

"Jiah!"

Something was changing in their dynamic, slowly but surely. He seldom called her by her code name while it was the other way before. Oh, how she hated that.

"Hoseok wanted to leave, he had done nothing wrong, he just wanted to leave and have a better life, but look where that got him!" At the mention of his story, guilt pricked at Jiah's stomach. He just wanted to be happy.