Chapter 1

Jungkook POV

"Very good, Master Jeon. That'll be all for today. I'll be back tomorrow morning." Ms. Lim tells me with a soft smile, bowing before she begins collecting her things off the table. Sighing to myself quietly, I stand from the table as well. Bored from having just finished six hours of schooling,

Walking out of the learning room, I pass through the living room as it's all on the first floor. As I pass through the area, my mother stops me.

"How was your lessons, Jungkook?" Eomma asks from her spot on the black suede sofa in the middle of the room. I stop in my tracks, turning to look over at her as she sits there, still reading her book that she's gotten from the large library we have here on the fourth floor.

"As usual, I suppose, Eomma. They really are quite boring and tiresome." I answer with a small frown, straightening out my black suit jacket.

"They're important, Jungkook. You best be paying full attention in those lessons. You've not forgotten your meetings you have this afternoon and early evening, correct?" She responds, not even bothering to look back at me. I roll my eyes, wishing for nothing more than to be able to enjoy my life for once.

"No, Eomma. I've not forgotten, nor have I ever or will I ever. I'll be gone before five minutes has passed." I inform her before exiting the living room and heading up the darkened hardwood stairs. Reaching the second floor, I walk down the hallway until I reach the end where my room is located. Opening up my black door, I enter my room before closing the door again.

Sighing, I let my sock covered feet pad softly against my black carpeted flooring as I walk towards my bathroom. Stepping inside, I quickly freshen up and brush through my hair to touch it up. Deeming myself presentable, I exit the room once more and leave my bedroom to go back downstairs. I don't bother saying anything further to my mother whilst down here, instead going to the door to slip my shoes on before exiting the house altogether.

As I step down the stone stairs in the front, my black BMW pulls up. Wearing a straight face, I step towards the car before Dongwoo gets out. Standing to the side, he keeps hold of the open door for me to slide inside. Once we're both inside the car, my driver takes off towards my father's company. The drive there is completely silent with the exception of my own thoughts. Watching out the window, my thoughts run off with ideas of different little scenes that I spot outside the car that we pass.

Families with young children. Couples walking down the streets hand in hand. Small groups of friends walking down the street together.

I sigh quietly to myself as we pass, wondering what it must be like. Having friends to go around to places with. Having fun with friends out at different places. Having a significant other to walk around and flaunt proudly. Having someone to share your thoughts and feelings with who won't just ignore them or act like you're stupid for having them. Wondering what it could possibly be like to have someone that you could start a family with. Someone that you could care for no matter what.

"Master Jeon, we've arrived." Dongwoo informs me, snapping out of my thoughts. Nodding my head, we step out of the car and head inside. Walking into the twenty one story glass building, we head up to the eighth floor where my first meeting of the afternoon is.

The afternoon drags by and before I know it, evening has come. Sighing as the last meeting finishes, it makes me wonder how I managed not to make a complete fool out of myself with how distracted I'd been.

"Master Jeon, shouldn't we be heading down towards the first floor to leave?" Dongwoo questions when I press the up button for the elevator.

"We'll leave in a moment, Dongwoo. I'd like to speak with my father for a moment before we go first though." I explain calmly as the elevator arrives. Stepping inside, I press the button for the twenty first floor. The ride up is silent and short, and before I know it, we arrive to my father's office.

"Ah, Jungkook. To what do I owe the pleasure of having my prized son visit me in my office?" Appa greets with a smile. I mentally gag at his small act. It's of no news to me the way he acts towards me and that I truly am nothing more than a prize to him by his trophy wife, a piece of a son that absolutely must follow in his footsteps.

"I was hoping to have a word with you, Appa.l I greet, giving him a small bow. He gives me a curious look, motioning for me to sit whilst Dongwoo stays by the elevator doors.

"And what exactly is it that's bothering you, Jungkook? Surely you were able to handle the meetings appropriately, yes?" He asks. Mentally sighing, I know this is going to be my one and only shot at this. If I fuck this up, there's no way I'll ever be able to win over this decision.

"Appa, I would like to go out in search of a partner. Someone who could be called a friend but one that would also suit as a business partner as well."