Chapter 43

Jungkook POV

Humming softly to myself, I smile in relief as the car door finally opens. Jimin steps inside, sitting down and closing the door before the car takes off once more. Like always, he still looks beautiful just as he had before he'd gone out. He gives me a small smile, leaning over and pecking my lips before curling into my side.

"Better now, baby? Did you have a good time with your friend?" I ask softly, running my fingers through his soft black hair.

"Yeah. Thank you for taking me out here, Kookie." He murmurs softly. I just smile, kissing the top of his head.

"Of course, Jiminie. Anything to make sure you're happy and aren't feeling trapped, sweetheart." I tell him happily. He smiles, lifting his head up to look at me.

"Thank you, Jungkook. You have no idea how much you've helped me. I... I really appreciate you taking me off the streets and I appreciate everything you've been doing for me. I hope you know that." Jimin whispers softly, leaning up and kissing my cheek before pressing his lips against mine. I smile into the kiss, moving my lips against his happily for a few seconds before he pulls away.

"I'm glad that I've been able to do all these things for you, baby. I've been really grateful just to have you around. As much as I've done for you, you've done just as much for me, just in a different way." I tell him softly, brushing his hair back off his forehead. He just smiles before resting his head against my chest once more.

"All I want is for you to be happy, Jiminie. For you to be as happy as you've been making me." I murmur, kissing the top of his head once more. He just hums softly in response, the car falling silent once more as I simply look out the window and appreciate Jimin's company.

Though, unlike all the times I used to watch out the window before, it's much different this time. I used to look out the window, frustration and jealousy building up in me whenever I'd spot all of the people out there with others. People walking around with friends, people walking around with their significant others, people walking around with their kids. It always just hurt, looking out the window to see all of these people that had someone there with them.

But now? Now it's completely different. I don't feel jealous anymore. I'm not frustrated by the sights of people together with others. It's just a nice sight nowadays. Now that I have Jimin.

A small idea pops into my head as we pass a small group of people, drinks in their hands as they walk down the sidewalk. Smiling excitedly to myself, I knock on the glass divider to get the driver and Dongwoo's attention.

"What're you doing?" Jimin asks curiously, pulling away from my side so that I can move closer to the divider to speak to them upfront. I just look back at him with a smile before whispering something to the two men sat in the front seats.

"You'll see." I tell him with a smile as I sit back in my seat once more. He just looks at me curiously before looking out the window, clearly suspecting that I've told them to stop somewhere that isn't the house.

My smile widens even more when the car comes to a stop. Excitedly, I climb out of the car, pulling Jimin along behind me. He looks around in curiosity, eyes wide as he realizes where we've stopped.

"Wait... what's going on?" Jimin asks, looking up at me in surprise.

"Well, I thought we'd stop at the café here for some lunch first. But, since we're so close to the carnival that's going on right now, I thought we'd spend some time there after we finish with lunch. I figured we could use a little downtime together to have some fun and be out of the house. Plus,... honestly, I've never been to the carnival before." I explain shyly. He grins at me in excitement.

"I've been to the carnival here once. But that was years ago. I think I was around six when my parents took us. I never thought I'd get to come back here. I remember having the best time ever at the carnival. You'll love it." Jimin exclaims with eyes lit up in pure joy and excitement. Not being able to contain my happiness and love for the boy in front of me, I wrap my arms tightly around his waist as I pull him into me for a hug. He immediately wraps his arms around me as well, returning the hug before pulling away and pecking my lips. I giggle as he begins doing it multiple times, finally stopping when my laughter gets to be too much.

"Thank you, Jungkook."