Chapter 39

Jungkook POV

I don't know how long I ended up crying for, all I know is that I must've cried myself to sleep. Waking up with a pounding headache, I'm mildly surprised to find it dark outside my window. Though, I almost instantly realize just how cold I am. Looking down around me, I realize that Jimin's nowhere to be found and that I'm still in the clothes that I've been in all week, no blanket over top me either.

I'm quick to remember my mother's passing, but it doesn't seem to bother me nearly as much as the lack of Jimin's presence at the moment. Frowning to myself, I groggily get up and decide upon changing before going looking for the older boy. Though, without another pair of jeans to wear, I settle for just a black tee shirt and manage to find a pair of sweats that surprisingly still fit. Shrugging to myself about my slightly changed appearance, I tiredly walk to my door and exit my room, stepping across the hall to Jimin's door.

However, just as I'm about to knock to see if he's in there, I'm suddenly hit with the memory of yesterday. With the memory of what I'd said to him. My already heavy heart sinks even further in my chest, taking a deep breath and knocking on his door. I don't really expect him to answer, and I'm not overly surprised when there is none. It could be a combination of things anyways. After all, it does seem late, so he very well may be sleeping right now. Though, there's also the possibility that he is in fact awake and simply isn't answering because he knows it's me.

Biting my lip nervously, I gently turn the door handle and open his door. The lights are off in his room, the only light coming from the bright moon outside that's shining through his window. However, the boy is still very clearly awake as he lies on his back on the bed side ways, legs still dangling off the edge of his bed and what appears to be a cigarette stick left between his lips as he puffs out another cloud of smoke. I cough almost instantly, the smoke in the room quickly infiltrating my lungs and burning them. Jimin doesn't even seem to flinch though, and it only worries me more as the shorter boy continues staring up at the ceiling.

Softly shutting the door behind me, I make my way over to him. Crawling onto the bed, I sit down in the middle of it, right by his shoulder. It somewhat reminds me of his first day here and how we'd argued in the car and mall, coming back here and ending up in a position much similar to this.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier, Jiminie. I shouldn't have said what I did." I whisper quietly, looking down at the black haired boy that nearly seems to glow in the moonlight. His eyes shift over to glance up at me before looking away again, not saying a single thing. His coldness leaves me reeling, feeling my already heavy heart sink even further, tears beginning to well up in my eyes.

"Jiminie, please. I'm sorry for what I said. I-I know I was wrong to say what I did, baby. B-but, please. Please, don't start doing this to me. I-I need you and I-I really do love you. A-and your coldness h-hurts so fucking m-much." I whimper, feeling my heart break more and more. He hums quietly, reaching to his side and grabbing something before tossing it to me. I flinch, somehow managing to catch the bottle of whatever he has before looking down and tilting it in the moonlight to try and read it. My eyes widen in surprise when I finally find the right angle to read them at, though I'm more surprised when my eye catches sight of the light also reflecting off of something else. Glancing properly over at the object on the floor, I can't even begin to process my surprise.

An empty bottle of whiskey...

"Jiminie,... why did you toss me your pills?" I question, my voice a mere whisper.

"You wanna stop fucking hurting so damn bad? Those'll numb ya right the hell up. There's still a full bottle of whiskey on the lower level of the bedside table that you can down those with. Not like their prescription shit anyways. Those'll actually do shit." Jimin responds in a gruff tone.

"Jiminie..." I murmur, extremely unsure of taking them and of how he's acting right now.

"Or is you're pain too fucking much that no matter how strong the fucking drug is, that it won't do shit for you? Right? Since it's so much fucking worse, hell, you're way stronger than me anyways, you probably don't even fucking need goddamn fucking drugs, do you? Wouldn't matter if you did or not, right? You're not a druggie like me, right? Your pain is way worse than mine, right? Wouldn't make a goddamn difference if I gave you fucking morphine, cause it wouldn't do shit, yeah?" Jimin snaps, heavy breaths leaving through his nose as he refuses to even look in my direction. It's as though my heart breaks all over again at how he's being.

"Jiminie, please stop this. I know I shouldn't have said what I did, and if I could, I'd go back and stop myself from saying what I did. But I can't. I still love you though, and I-I know you still love me. Please, baby. Stop being so cold. You're laid out right in front of me, and yet I'm sat here still missing you and feeling like you're not my Jiminie."

——————
A/N:

Thank you guys for 5k reads!!!! That's amazing and I'm totally blown away by that! It's my first story to hit that many reads!! Hope you're all enjoying it so far! Love you all!! ❤️