Chapter 47

Jungkook POV

Biting my lip, I follow Jimin out of the car the next afternoon. We've already moved our things to a nearby hotel at this point, being completely done with my father. It's now time for the burial part of the funeral though, and I'm not entirely sure that I can handle it. I've been dreading this all damn day since I woke up, and Jimin and I both have been struggling today. With him never having had the chance to attend his own family's funeral, just going through this with me has been terribly hard on him. Reminding him of what he couldn't have, something he can't get back, and it's not exactly something fun to go through to begin with.

As we walk out to the grave they've dug for her, my father stands across from us, glaring when he catches our presence. He merely shakes his head at me, not saying a thing or even coming over to us as he returns his attention to the burial.

Zoning out through most of it, Jiminie and I set a rose each on her grave when it's finished and walk away before anything can happen with my father. Hand in hand, we make our way silently to the car and climb in with me in the drivers seat.

"What time are we leaving tomorrow morning? I know we're moving, but when?" Jimin pipes up softly, cutting through the silence as I drive us back to the hotel. I hum softly to myself, thinking for a moment.

"We'll probably leave the hotel at ten tomorrow morning. Our flight is at eleven thirty, so we wanna leave ourselves some time to navigate around there." I answer lightly, pulling into the lot for the hotel. Pulling into a parking space, we climb out and wordlessly head inside and up to our room. When we get inside, we immediately strip from the black suits, going to our clothes we'd left on the bed from this morning and change back into the comfy clothes. Once we're in our sweatpants and tee shirts, we climb onto the bed, instantly cuddling into each other.

"Thank you for going with me today, Jiminie. I know you didn't really want to and I know it was really hard for you, but I really appreciate it. It means a lot to me, baby. And you were extremely strong going through everything today too." I murmur softly, running my fingers through his soft black locks of hair as I smile down at him. Lazily, his lifts his head up to look at me, a tiny smile on his lips.

"It's you, Kookie. What did you expect me to do? Abandon you for something like this when you needed me as much I usually need you?" Jimin teases lightly, tiredness in his voice. I can see how drained he is already after everything today, and honestly I can't blame him. I'm fairly drained myself. The only good thing about all of this is that we won't have to worry about packing tonight since we're still packed up.

"I should hope you wouldn't do such a thing. It'd hurt me very much to see my baby abandoning me." I joke quietly, a grin on my face as I chuckle lightly. He too giggles softly, the sound being music to my ears as always.

"Who ever said I was your baby? Hmm? I'm fairly certain that you are my baby." Jimin says, giggling even louder this time. I roll my eyes at his antics, shaking my head at him as I lean down and peck his lips gently. He hums softly in approval, pouting when I pull away.

"What?" I laugh softly, brushing some fallen hair out of his eyes.

"I most certainly have not have enough kisses yet today. You're behind. Though, a longer one always helps lighten the load." He whines jokingly, causing me to laugh louder.

"Oh? Is that so now? I have a quota of kisses that I've got to give you each day?" I question, going along with his silliness, enjoying his attempts of lightening our moods from today's events. Biting his lip with a grin, he nods his head.

"And you're very far behind. I don't know how I'll survive if I don't get enough!" Jimin exclaims, flopping backwards off of me so that he's sprawled out on the bed next to me on his back.

"That would be a nightmare if you didn't make it! I don't wanna have to go looking for a replacement already!" I tease with a small smirk. His eyes widen as he turns his head to look over at me with lips parted in surprise.

"How dare you! You'd just replace me?!" He questions, lips forming the smallest of smiles despite them still being parted. Chuckling softly, I roll over onto my side, propping myself up on my elbow and wrapping my other arm around his waist to pull him closer.

"I'd never replace you, baby. Nobody could ever replace you. You're much too precious and valuable for that to even be possible."