Chapter 12

Jimin POV

Entering the room Jungkook had deemed 'mine', I shut the door behind me before heading over to the bedside table. Sighing quietly and tiredly, I grab the bottle of Valium pills. Too enraptured in wanting to feel the numbness once more, I don't even notice my room door silently being opened. Instead, I open the bottle and tip it. Knocking the bottle against my hand a couple of times, I tip out several pills.

A small smile toys at my lips as I look down at the pills that I know will ease the pain. Closing my hand around the multiple pills, I turn back to the small table and grab the half full bottle of whiskey. This only makes me smile a bit more, knowing that the alcohol will help add to the numbness that'll soon take over. Opening up the bottle,  I tip my head back and knock back the several pills will a few gulps of the whiskey.

"Jiminie, what're you doing?" My head snaps up at the sound of Jungkook's voice softly speaking. Looking up, I find him standing in the open doorway of my room, an extremely worried expression on his face.

"What're you talking about, Jungkook?" I scoff quietly, letting myself flop back onto my back on the bed as I let my arms sprawl out across the bed. I hear him softly close my door before the sound of his sock covered feet padding across the carpeted flooring is heard. He comes back into view as he crawls onto the bed, sitting down beside me.

"How many pills did you just take, Jiminie?" Jungkook asks softly, his voice wavering as he speaks. Glancing over at him, I find his eyes to be glossed over with tears that are just waiting to fall.

"Enough to fucking numb me. Chill out, Jungkook. I'm not gonna die over it. I'd need to probably double the dosage to do that. Or just switch to fucking morphine or heroin. Both of those'll fuck ya up faster than you'd imagine. Knock ya on your ass and take your life away faster than you realize. Scary shit from the sounds of it." I mutter with an eye roll.

"Jiminie, please tell me what's going on. You're really worrying me today. First the whole smoking thing earlier, then the outburst in the car and at the mall, and now you're downing a handful of pills with fucking whiskey. Just tell me what's going on. What's wrong?" Jungkook asks quietly, reaching out and gently, hesitantly, placing his hand on top of mine. Sighing, I look over at him.

"Why do you care so much, Jungkook? Honestly. You said it yourself this morning that I'm nothing more than someone here to make sure you're not alone. To keep you company and allegedly be your business partner. I mean, come on. Jungkook, you picked me up off the streets and didn't even know me. Hell, you still don't know me. So why do you care so much, hmm?" I question, genuinely wanting to know the answer to this. He sighs shakily, running his free hand through his hair as he looks up at the ceiling for a moment. Collecting his bearings, he looks back down at me.

"I-... I don't know, okay? But you're the only person that I've gotten to have around me that isn't solely because of work. The only reason I need you to be my business partner is because it was the only way I'd get my father to agree on letting me have someone I could consider a friend. I liked being around you back at that shitty club and I could see more in you than the shit you were having to do by working there. You don't get it, Jiminie. I've been alone my entire fucking life. I've never gotten to have a friend or a social life of any sort. I... I don't know what it is about you, but I liked being around you at the club and I enjoy being around you now. I want to give you what you deserve, Jiminie. What you need and what you want. I want you to be able to finally live a comfortable life that you can enjoy rather than the shit you were putting up with at the club." Jungkook says softly, lowering his head and gaze towards his lap as he speaks.

Biting my lip, I avert my gaze back up to the ceiling as I let his words sink in. The room falls silent for a while, neither one of us speaking. Closing my eyes lightly, the Valium and whiskey do their job at keeping me calm and numb thankfully. I don't know that I'd be able to handle all of this, able to handle this conversation, if I weren't numbed to high hell at the moment. Sighing quietly, I open my eyes and look back up at the ceiling.

"Jiminie, please tell me what's going on and what's wrong. I... I told you the truth about why I care. Can't you... Can't you tell me the truth now too?"