Chapter 25

Jungkook POV

"You ready?" I ask softly as I glance over at Jimin. He sighs, taking a deep breath as he looks up at the building in front of us before reluctantly nodding.

"Not really, but I don't really have much a choice, now do I?" Jimin answers quietly. I give him a small frown, reaching up and rubbing his back gently before we enter into the building.

"So, we've got two meetings today, and other than that, it'll be most working in my office. Alright? You'll just sit next to me during the meetings, and you can do whatever you'd like during them. Be it doodling on a notepad, just listening, ignoring us. Whatever you wanna do. Okay?" I explain as we cross the lobby floor. Pursing his lips, he simply nods once more, staying silent this time as we enter the elevator with Dongwoo.

It's only minutes later that we find the two of us seated at the head of one of our conference room tables, three people seated on both sides of the table. All six men eye Jimin curiously as he sits next to me, though no one bothers to comment, knowing better than to question me as we begin the meeting. Immediately, I'm passed six files, one from each man as they begin their boring spiel on their profits and market size and other shit that I've grown tired of hearing for the last five years now. I was dumb at the beginning when I thought this would all be interesting.

"So, all in all, Master Jeon, our profits have been improving and increasing." Mingyu concludes.

"Bullshit." Jimin cuts in, causing all head to turn back to the nearly forgotten mystery man to them. I look over at him curiously, only to find a pissed off look on his face as he glares at the man who's paused halfway from sitting back down in his seat.

"Excuse me?" Mingyu questions, raising an eyebrow towards the man beside me.

"All you have to do is look at the numbers to know they're fake. They don't add up. The way you've spoken and been glancing at your papers in front of you, it's clear that you're lying and you're worried about getting caught." Jimin says with an eye roll, crossing his arms over his chest as he leans back in his chair.

"Master Jeon, who is this random man anyways? What business does he have in being here?" Mingyu asks, looking back over at me in frustration. I frown at the question, leaning back in my chair as well as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Mingyu, it shouldn't matter to you who he is, rather than the fact that you should be more worried about saving your ass. He's my new business partner, and you should be showing him the same amount of respect as what you show to me and my father. Now, what exactly is your argument to counter what he's just said? Because I'm much more inclined to believe him over you." I respond authoritatively. He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose for a moment as he stands up properly again.

"Master Jimin, what reason exactly would I have for lying to Master Jeon over my profits? Just because I glance down at the papers I've brought with me, does not mean that I'm lying, but more so that I want to make sure the things I'm presenting and saying are correct." Mingyu counters as he averts his gaze towards the smaller boy beside me. However, Jimin seems to get quite worked up as he stands up and slams his hands down on the table.

"Bullshit! You've got reason to lie to Jungkook because you know you'll get into a shit load of fucking trouble if you're not producing properly! You know if you get him to believe that you're doing fucking well and not cheating him that you won't get in trouble! You're checking your damn papers and pausing like a fool in attempt to cover up why your numbers don't fucking add up and to try and hide the fact that you've been stealing money from them!" Jimin shouts angrily, his beautiful brown eyes darkening dangerously. At this point, the veins in his neck are noticeable, cheeks tinted a light pink.

"I'll be bringing this matter up with my father, Mingyu. We do not tolerate people who lie and we certainly don't tolerate people who steal from us. Don't think you're off the hook. We're finished here." I say, standing up as well before wrapping an arm around Jimin's shoulders and leading us out of the conference room. I notice him clenching and unclenching his hands as we walk over to the elevator, ignoring all of the eyes on us. Dongwoo just follows along silently as we step inside the elevator, going up to the nineteenth floor to head over to my office. Dongwoo just stays outside the office as I lead Jimin inside with me.

"Sorry, Kookie." That's all it took for him to break down crying, turning into me and wrapping his arms around my waist. My eyes widen in surprise by his sudden turn of attitude, slowly wrapping my arms around him in return.

"Jiminie, what're you apologizing for, baby? You did amazing back there." I whisper softly, rubbing his back gently and moving a hand to his hair to gently begin playing with it since he seems to like it so much.

"No I didn't. I interrupted your meeting a-and I-I was just terrible. I-I'm sorry, Kookie. I-I shouldn't have said anything. I-I'm sorry, k-Kookie. I'm so s-sorry."