Chapter 40

Jimin POV

"Jiminie, please stop this. I know I shouldn't have said what I did, and if I could, I'd go back and stop myself from saying what I did. But I can't. I still love you though, and I-I know you still love me. Please, baby. Stop being so cold. You're laid out right in front of me, and yet I'm sat here still missing you and feeling like you're not my Jiminie." Jungkook whimpers from beside me, tears gliding down his cheeks.

It really does break my heart seeing him like this, all broken up. I hate seeing him so upset, but honestly I'm so fucking numbed up right now that it hardly affects me. He's right though, even if I'm numbed up beyond hell right now, I do still love him.

"Kookie,..." I start, speaking up for only the third time since he came in here. His eyes widen a bit at the sound of my voice, looking down at me with hope in his eyes.

"I'm still not over my family's death, and it's been eleven years since the day I'd been taken from them. Eleven years, and I still haven't gotten over it. You're upset because she never paid you much attention but she was still your mother and you never got to say goodbye. At least you'll be able to attend her funeral, Jungkook. I never got to attend a funeral for my parents or my brother. I never got to see my mother or my brother one last time before they blew the entire house up. All I got to see was my father being shot in the leg, hearing the screams of my mother and brother. And it's that much worse when they care, Jungkook, because when they're gone, then you've got nobody left to care for you, to take care of you. No one to protect you from the shitty outside world. I never had the chance to get over their deaths before I was thrown into the shitty world of being a sex slave and given even more fucking nightmares." I inform him, my voice nearly void of emotions from how numb I'm still feeling.

Honestly, I doubt the numbness is going to wear off for a while considering how much shit I'm on at the moment. Although, I know first hand, that all it really takes it to try and want to feel. And that's the last thing I want right now.

"Last night, when we fell asleep together. It was the first night that I slept soundly since they dragged me away and killed them. The first night I didn't get a shit nights sleep and managed to sleep the entire night through." I tell him in a softer tone this time, my voice much quieter. Reluctantly, I avert my gaze back over to his face, locking eyes with him almost instantly.

"I'm so sorry, Jiminie. Baby, I really do wish I could take back what I said. I regretted it the moment you left my room and even more so when I woke up to you not being there. A-and I'm sorry for trying to use you as a distraction this morning. It was wrong of me and I regret doing all of that to you, baby." Jungkook murmurs, tears still streaming down his cheeks. Biting my lip, I reach up and cup his cheek with my hand, gently wiping his tears away. However, almost instantly he reaches his hand up to place over mine, lacing his fingers through mine before carefully pulling my hand away from his cheek. I'm caught off guard by the action, frowning in confusion as I look up at him. Though, within seconds, I've got my answer as he moves himself to be laid beside me before leaning over and pressing his lips to mine.

The feeling takes my breath away, tossing the forgotten joint from my hand and onto the bedside table so as to free up both hands. Untangling our fingers, I let my lips move in time with his as I cup both his cheeks this time, wanting to feel as much of him as possible.

There's so much more emotion in this kiss than there had been this morning, and I love the feeling of it as I run my run tongue along his bottom lip. Instantly, his lips part to let my tongue slip inside his mouth, roaming around everywhere inside it as I remove a hand from his cheek and begin to trail it down his back.

He gasps against my mouth as I slip my hand underneath his shirt, but doesn't break the kiss, causing me to break it and chuckle a small bit. Looking up at the boy still hovered above me, he's a beautiful sight with his lips all swollen and a tad red, eyes wide and doe like as he looks down at me with mild surprise.

"Are you comfortable with this, baby?" I whisper softly, kissing his cheek but not removing my hand from his bare back. His lips wear a ghost of a smile as he looks down at me, leaning down and pecking my lips.

"Yes."