Chapter 19

Jungkook POV

Sighing to myself, I bite my lip in thought as I begin to dry myself off from the shower. I'm still surprised by how upset he got over simply telling me what I need to give him and do for him. I know he's clearly not used to being the one telling someone else what to do, but my god, I just wanted to help him. It's the only thing I can easily give him right now aside from having him join me in the lessons.

Pursing my lips, I hang my towel up before heading over to my closet. I pull out a plain black suit with a white under shirt, quickly getting dressed before going over to my dresser. I pull out a pair of gray socks, sitting down on my bed so that I can pull them on. Taking a deep breath as I stand back up, I exit my room and go over to Jimin's door. I knock lightly, hoping he isn't still too mad at me as I wait for him.

It takes a minute, but he finally opens the door. The older boy is dressed in nothing but a pair of black boxers that just peak out below the ash gray silk robe he's got on. The expression on his face is blank as he looks at me, waiting for me to say something.

"If you're ready, we can go get breakfast now, Jiminie." I tell him softly with a small smile. He simply nods, stepping out of his room and closing the door behind him. Though, before either of us go anywhere, I grab him arm gently to get him to look back at me.

"I'm sorry if I upset you earlier, Jiminie. I-... I didn't mean to upset you or anything. I just want to be able to show you affection and everything that you need. I... I appreciate what you did with me this morning, Jimin. I just want to be able to return the favor, even if it's in a different way." I apologize gently. His expression doesn't change though, still looking up at me blankly.

"What happened this morning meant nothing to me, Jungkook. I did that because you wanted to learn. There is no favor to return. There is nothing that I need that you're required to provide me nor is there anything I need to begin with." Jimin says coldly. His words hurt, feeling a pang in my chest as my heart sinks a bit. Though, I don't let it reflect in my face or voice.

"Everybody needs things, Jiminie. You need to stop closing me out the moment I try to do something for you or try to learn something about you. I care about you, Jimin, and that's something you need to accept because it's not changing anytime soon. I understand people have hurt you in the past and you don't like the pain it causes. I'm not going to hurt you though, nor would I ever let someone hurt you. I know it's a scary process to try and learn how to trust people again, but you have to try. I'm not asking you things and trying to learn things about you just so that I can have power over you or so that I can use it against you. I'm not like that, nor would I ever be. I want you to be able to trust me and feel comfortable with me and not feel like you have to be on edge or on guard every single second. And I'm going to keep trying until you're able to do that." I inform him, my voice steady but firm as I give him a serious look.

He doesn't say anything in response, lowering his head and turning it to look away from me. Though, I place two fingers under his chin to lift his head up so that he's looking up at me again. I can see the pain in his eyes of just how hard I hit home with him, the rest of his face completely blank. Sighing softly, I lean down and gently press my lips against his. I keep them there long enough to feel him mold his lips against mine comfortably, before pulling away again. His beautiful eyes widen just a bit as he looks up at me, lips curving down and jutting out a bit in a sweet pout. The expression on his face is faint, but still noticeable, causing a tiny smile to appear on my lips.

Neither of us say anything after that as I take his hand in mine, lacing our fingers together as I lead him down the hall and downstairs. My mother isn't on the sofa like usual, most likely upstairs in the library to find a new book to read. I don't think much of it though, bringing Jiminie and I into the dining room for breakfast.