Chapter 35

Jungkook POV

It takes a couple days for the hospital to release Jimin, but it's clear that he's happy to be out of there as we climb into the car. As I pull the door shut, he instantly curls up into my side and rests his head on my chest whilst the car pulls away.

"Kookie?" He asks softly, lifting his head to look up at me hesitantly. I give him a small smile, pecking his lips.

"Yes, Jiminie?" I return, reaching up and running my fingers through his soft black locks. He seems to relax almost immediately from my touch, nuzzling his head into my hand a bit but not letting his eyes waver from myself.

"What exactly were you trying to get at the other night after work?" Jimin questions quietly, his voice small as his lips form a small pout. I bite my lip, looking out the window for a moment before looking back at him. I'd already gotten my answers from the doctors while he'd still been unconscious, figuring out what I'd wanted to know.

"I was just... trying to figure you out a bit more. You're quite the complex person to understand because of your past, and I was just trying to decipher you more so that I could do better for you. The doctors helped me out though, baby. You don't have to worry about it anymore. I won't keep questioning you about it, darling." I explain gently, trying my best to use the right words so as not to upset him. He frowns, a seemingly curious look on his face as he tilts his head a bit.

"What'd they say? What'd you learn about me, Jungkookie?" Jimin asks quietly, lips still jutted out in a pout as the most innocent and sweet look appears in his eyes. I sigh softly, staying silent for a moment as I gently just run my fingers through his hair instead of responding as I try to gather my bearings. As much as I don't want to tell him, I can tell he really wants and probably should know.

"They said you have really bad anxiety and mild depression. There's some other stuff, but those are the two big things. It's why you've been breaking down so easily and why it hurts so much every single time. It's why you struggle to believe in yourself and why you struggle to believe you're anything more than what you've been told for the last however many years it was." I inform him softly, watching as he processes everything I'm saying. He hums softly, eyes dropping to our lap as he stays quiet. Though, before he can say anything, the car comes to a stop outside of the house.

He just stays silent beside me as we climb out and head up to the house. Taking his hand in mine, we go inside and head straight up to my room. My mother's body is no longer sat on the coffee table in the living room with a picture of a bruised and bloodied Jimin laying atop her forehead.

Without a single word exchanged, we walk up the stairs and go down the hall. Reaching my black wooden door, I bring him inside my room. He still remains silent as I close the door behind us and lead him over to my bed, gently kissing his cheek before I pull him onto the bed. He looks up at me with a small smile, pecking my lips before curling up into my side once more.

"You okay, baby?" I ask softly, looking back down at him. He hums quietly once more, shrugging.

"I don't really know anything about them other than what you explained and that they're some sort of illness. But if you're not gonna treat me differently and still wanna be around me, then it's whatever I guess. I don't really care about it as long as nothing changes." Jimin murmurs softly, not bothering to look up at me from how he's currently got his head rested on my chest. I smile, glad that he's not super bothered by this and by my knowledge of these things. Glad that he's fairly unbothered as long as I'm okay with it and fairly unbothered. Not being able to help myself, I lean forward and kiss the top of his head, causing him to look up at me curiously.

"Jiminie?" I ask quietly, a question coming to mind as I recall the conversation we'd had when he had woken up in the hospital that first day. He merely hums quietly in response, looking up at me in contentment and curiosity as I smile down at him.

"If we both... if we both love each other... what does that do to us?" I ask uncertainly. He blushes a bit, though nowhere near to the blush blooming on my cheeks.

"Well... generally,..." He mumbles, clearly seeming to search for the right words before huffing in frustration.

"Look, I'll explain it in a way that doesn't include the two of us. Okay? Generally, when two people have mutual feelings for each other, feelings similar to ours, they end up dating. Dating eventually turns to one of them proposing until they eventually get married. To put it in simplest terms, I guess. But, most people who feel the way we do, they aren't in the same position as what we're in..." Jimin explains, his last sentence hardly audible as he looks away again and rests his head back down on my chest once more. Biting my lip, gently guide his face to look back up at me, a reluctant look on his face as his gaze meets mine.

"I don't see why our situation is anything different from the others, Jiminie. Quite honestly,... I kinda like the idea of us being a thing, of us dating and actually being a couple."