Chapter 23

Jungkook POV

"Alright, Master Jeon. We're finished here for today. Please don't be late tomorrow." Ms. Lim informs me as she slips some papers into her bag before standing. Sighing quietly, I simply nod my head and stand up. Straightening out my suit jacket, I exit the room and head straight up to the second floors, knowing Jimin wouldn't be comfortable enough to merely lounge around the living room where my mother spends her days.

Reaching our doors, I turn towards his and knock. Everything remains completely silent though, causing me to frown. I knock once more, waiting a minute longer in silence before simply entering the room. I'm surprised and a little let down when I find the room to be empty and the light to his bathroom shut off to let me know he's not there either.

Feeling a tad hurt that he lied and isn't back when I requested him be, I bite my lip and exit his room. Closing the door behind me, I go over to my room door and enter. Shutting the door behind me, the first thing I do is scan the room to see if he took the spare phone I'd asked him to take, feeling the tiniest bit of relief to find it's gone.

Pulling my own phone out of my pocket, I sigh and sit down on the edge of my bed. Dialing up the spare's number, I'm about to press the button to call it when my door is sent flying open. My head jerks up in surprise, eyes wide and lips slack as I spot the missing boy in my doorway. However, I'm caught off guard by his teary eyed state, easily shoving the door shut behind him as he makes his way over to me.

Frowning worriedly, I reach my arms out for the smaller man, my actions only encouraging his. Before I know it, I'm tackled backwards onto my bed. Finding myself somehow laying properly on it, Jimin's right next to me as he wraps his arms around my waist and hides his face in my chest, softly beginning to cry. I'm completely taken aback from the complete 180 from this morning, but wisely choose not to question the weeping older man at the moment as I instead wrap my arms loosely around his waist as well.

"Shhhh. Jiminie, it's okay. Hush, baby, shhhh. It's alright, it's okay. I'm right here, Jimin. I'm not going anywhere, shhh. It's okay. Hush, baby." I whisper softly in his ear, not knowing what exactly I'm comforting him from as I gently rub my hand up and down his back.

"W-wi-will-" Jimin chokes out, not seeming to be able to manage the words as another wave of harder sobs hit him. I frown, wanting to help but not knowing what he wants. So, when he weakly reaches his hand out for mine, I simply let him take it and guide it towards him. Though, a tiny smile appears on my lips as he weakly gives up, letting it just drop near his face along with his own hand as he fists my white long sleeve shirt in attempt to ground himself to slow the crying. Getting the failed message, I reach my free hand up to his silky black locks and begin gently running my fingers through them. I'm surprised to find them so knotted, but don't question it as I decide upon simply working them out with each knot I reach.

"Shhhh. It's okay, Jiminie. I've got you. You're okay now. You're safe. Shhhhh. Baby, it's alright. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. Okay? Shhhh. Come on. Hush, baby." I murmur softly, continuing to let my fingers work their way through his hair. I quietly remain in awe at the older boy at my side, feeling him tangle his legs with mine as he seems to slowly relax with every touch and every whisper that leaves my lips. Though, despite him seeming to slowly calm down as I continue whispering sweet things in his ear, it still takes a while before he finally calms down completely.

When he finally does relax and calm down, quiet whimpers leave his lips in each small puff of breath that passes his lips. Silently, he lifts his head a bit to rest his chin on my chest as he looks up at me. It breaks my heart seeing him so broken like this, eyes red and puffy from crying, full lips parted as his gaze rests on me. I give him a soft smile, brushing his hair out of his eyes. Though, once again, I'm caught off guard when he whimpers again before leaning up to press his lips against mine. I can already feel and taste the salty tears that have ran all the way down his cheeks and smeared on his lips, but kiss him back anyways in hopes of easing whatever pain he's feeling right now. Letting my lips move in sync with his and soon parting them for him to slip his tongue into my mouth once more, I slowly feel him begin to relax a bit more as we both lose ourselves in the kiss.

When he finally pulls away, Jimin merely remains silent as he rests his head against my chest again. I sigh quietly, running my fingers through his hair once more.

"Baby, what was all of that all about?" I question softly, hoping it's not to soon to be asking. Though, I'm surprised to feel him tangle our legs together again, latching his arm back around my stomach as he holds tightly.

"Please don't leave me. I'm sorry I can't be more useful around here for you, but please. Please don't leave me and give up on me."