Chapter 26

Jimin POV

"No I didn't. I interrupted your meeting a-and I-I was just terrible. I-I'm sorry, Kookie. I-I shouldn't have said anything. I-I'm sorry, k-Kookie. I'm so s-sorry." I whimper out through the tears, burying my head into his chest.

"Jiminie, it's okay. You're okay. You did really good back there. I only pulled us out because I'm still learning your temper a bit. I didn't want anything to happen and you made clear points that Mingyu was in the wrong. I'll make sure it's looked into and brought to my father's attention. You did really good, and I'm really proud of you. You have nothing to be afraid or ashamed of. I'm glad you spoke up." Jungkook whispers softly in my ear as he holds me tight.

I just squeeze my eyes, nuzzling my head into his chest and up to his hand a bit more in attempt to find more contact and comfort. As much as I appreciate his words and am thankful for his reassurance and praise, it's a struggle to get myself calmed back down after getting so worked up. So, I just stay quiet as I keep my arms wrapped tightly around his waist and continue crying softly. He just continues whispering soft comforting words and praises in my ear as he holds me, rubbing my back and running his fingers through my hair gently.

"Jiminie, you don't have to be afraid to speak up during one of the meetings. You have the knowledge to catch certain things that I just don't. Things like the lying that you caught. I don't pay close enough attention to the numbers half the time to have realized that he was cheating them and that they didn't add up. You saved my ass by speaking up about that. Okay? You did really good. I'm really proud of you, baby." Jungkook tells me in a gentle tone, pulling away from me a bit and wiping the tears from my cheeks gently.

"Really? You think so?" I choke out, looking up at him with slightly wide eyes. He smiles down at me, nodding his head as he finishes wiping the tears away before leaning down and pressing his lips against mine. I feel my breath taken from me but full all at once as my eyes flutter shut. Letting myself get twist in the kiss, I slowly begin to feel calmer as my lips mold to his and begin moving in sync with his. He doesn't let the kiss go too far, letting it last for about thirty seconds before pulling away. I hum softly in appreciation as I step back in, wrapping my arms around him looser this time as I rest my head against his chest again.

"Thank you, Kookie." I whisper softly. He just kisses the top of my head in return.

"You don't need to worry about not talking in the meetings, Jiminie. And you don't need to ever be afraid of getting any sort of punishments ever. Nobody's gonna hurt you here, no matter what you do. You've got nothing to be afraid of or worried about. I promise, baby." Kookie says softly. Sighing quietly, I nod my head.

"Come on. Let's take a seat, I wanna talk about what you were going on about in the meeting." Jungkook tells me, leading me over to his desk. I simply sigh again, nodding reluctantly as I sit down across from him with the desk between us. Pulling my legs up and folding them, I rest my hands in my lap.

"So, what exactly were you talking about with the numbers not adding up and how he was lying?" Jungkook asks curiously, crossing one leg over the other. Biting my lip, I run a hand through my hair.

"While I was a sex slave, I was brought in on the drug deals. I learned how to figure out if someone was lying or not. Glance at the number, skim over them and find the inconsistencies. It's all about the little things. The pauses they take when speaking, how often they're glancing over their papers. Just by looking over the numbers, it was clear that they didn't add up. They literally don't. Not only that, but he'd be pausing nearly every two sentences. He was looking down at his paper at least two thirds of the time he'd been speaking. It was clear that he didn't know the things he was talking about, needing to read it off his papers that he had with him, which were more than what you'd been given. It means that he had adjusted documents to tell him the right things to say about everything so that he could get away with it if you aren't paying enough attention. He was lying like a fucking..."

My eyes widen as a sudden realization hits me. It's enough to make my blood run cold, fear striking me right in the heart as my eyes widen.

"What is it, Jiminie?" Jungkook asks, a frown on his lips now as he tilts his head to the side. Slowly bringing my gaze up to his, I feel a lone tear roll down my cheek as my lips fall slack.

"Mingyu is a competitor to Woo, my old boss. I'm fucked..."

—————
A/N:
FYI to those who are keeping up with this as it's updated: this may start getting updated every other day rather than everyday bc I'm starting work today 😅