Chapter 44

Jimin POV

"I hope you had a good time today, Jiminie." Jungkook says gently as we finally climb back into the car to head home.

It's late now, the sky having fallen nearly completely dark as the car begins to take off. We both ended up winning each other a couple of stuffed animals from some of the games they had there, the animals that are now scattered on the floor of the car as we snuggle together in one corner of the car. We also managed to ride most of the roller coasters there, despite my futile attempts at begging him to just let me not go on them.

"I had a great time today. Even if you forced me onto almost every roller coaster they had." I tease, finally feeling genuinely happy with my life for the first time in a very long time.

I smile to myself, curling into his side as we cuddle together, completely happy. It hurts still, that Yoongi isn't going to really be around anymore, but I feel better with how things are now. Leaving him without either of us feeling bad about how we've left things. And now, I can really focus more with Kookie. I don't have the guilt of using Yoongi gnawing away at the back of my mind. Now, I'm just completely happy. Happy with where I'm at now, that I'm with Jungkook and that I'm not living off the streets and that he actually cares about me.

"I'm glad you had such a good time, baby. Thank you for riding the rides, even though you didn't want to." He chuckles softly. I smile up at him, pecking his lips.

"You know I couldn't let you down." I respond contently. Jungkook smiles down at me, kissing my forehead.

"I appreciate it, Jiminie. You'll never let me down though. You could never. You make me far too happy to be able to let me down." Jungkook responds softly.

The car falls silent for a few more minutes, the two of us just enjoying being in each other's company. I don't mind the silence, honestly growing a bit tired at this point.

"Kookie?" I ask softly, lifting my head up just a little bit to look up at him. He smiles down at me, showing that he's paying attention.

"Why did you pick me? Knowing that I was coming from being one of the bodies for other people at the club?" I question, growing curious as to why he wouldn't have picked someone else that would've been so much easier to be with.

"Why wouldn't I pick you? Sure, you were working at that skanky club at the time, but that doesn't change who you are. You were a wonderful person, just talking to you in and outside of that club. That's what mattered and that's exactly why I picked you. You intrigued me and had a beautiful personality, Jiminie." Jungkookie answers, sincerity in his voice as he smiles down at me. I smile once more, leaning up and pecking his lips again.

"Thank you, Jungkook. For everything." I murmur softly against his lips before leaning my head back against his chest again.

"Anything for you, baby. Anything." He whispers gently, kissing the top of my head lightly. I just smile, letting the car fall silent for the rest of the drive home.

When we finally reach the house, Jungkook and I both are already half asleep. Tiredly, we clamber out of the car, letting Dongwoo slam the door shut behind us. Hand in hand, we slowly make our way away from the car and up to the house, walking straight in and kicking our shoes off at the front door.

Though, we're both caught completely off guard when we walk inside. We're met with Jungkook's father sat on the couch that his mother used to sit on, arms folded and one leg crossed over the other with his eyes locked on the two of us.

Instinctively, I move closer to Jungkook's side, wrapping my free arm around his that's holding my hand. I can feel my chest beginning to tighten, fear quickly bubbling up inside of me at the mans disposition. It's all too similar to Woo's whenever someone were in trouble. Whenever somebody fucked up. It more than terrifies me that his father is now the one with that disposition as we enter the house at eleven thirty tonight.

"Let's have a discussion in my office, Jungkook. There's some things that we need to talk over."