Chapter 45

Jungkook POV

"Go upstairs. I'll meet you up there in a little bit, baby." I whisper softly to Jimin so that my father won't be able to hear, kissing the side of his head while it's still unnoticeable to him. Jimin merely looks over at me fearfully, tears already brimming his eyes as he looks up at me. I just give him a small smile, rubbing his back lightly. He sighs, averting his gaze to the ground as his head falls slightly, nodding before beginning to walk away from me. I simply stand here, watching him go up the stairs and soon disappear out of view before returning my gaze to my father.

With that, we silently walk in the opposite direction of the stairs and over to his office here at the house. When we step inside, he shuts the door behind me before walking around to the other side of his desk and sitting down in his chair. I take the seat across from him, sitting down and crossing a leg over the other.

"What did you want to talk about, father?" I ask, hoping it has nothing to do with Jimin.

"Quite a few things actually. And it would seem that they appear to revolve around that boy you decided to bring home with you a few weeks ago." He responds, crossing his arms over his chest. I mentally swear, hoping it's nothing too bad.

"Oh?" I mutter, trying to stay calm and not get all worked up already.

"Yes. Jungkook, you've been missing work for over a week now. Not only work, but your lessons as well. Hell, your mother passed away and you've been nowhere around still! And where exactly have you been? Why have you not been following the responsibilities given to you? Because you've been spending too much time with that damned boy. You've been getting much too close with him for my liking, and I'm tired of it. I don't like the fact that you've been giving all of your time and attention to him rather than to your work and lessons. In short, I want him gone." Appa says, his lips set in a straight line and his tone serious.

"I'm sorry, Appa, but he's not going anywhere. If anything, he's helped me with work, if you ever bothered to pay attention to the motive I gave you about Mingyu cheating us. And quite frankly, I'm not concerned about whether you like him or not. I like him, and he's staying." I tell him, keeping a calm tone as I look him in the eye.

I'm finally done with listening to him and following every last instruction. I'm done with letting him run my life and making me do things that I don't want to do. I don't mind running the company when it's all done with, but that's the only thing I'd be okay with. I'm not letting him take Jimin away from me. Not when I'm finally happy with him.

"Jeon Jungkook, you will get rid of that boy. He's going to cause you to create a bad name for us, and I won't have that. I don't like how close you're getting with him and I don't like how much attention you're giving him over your work. He's causing you to develop bad work ethics and habits. I won't stand for it. I want him gone by morning, he's no longer welcome in this household." Appa argues with a frown this time, giving me a light glare.

"I'm not getting rid of anybody, Appa. If he's going, then I'm going. Quite frankly, I'm surprised you would know any of this considering you're never home. The fact that you even know Eomma is dead surprises me, because you've never said anything about it. You've not been around and you've hardly cared about anything but your goddamn work." I snap folding my arms over my chest as well.

"You're very wrong, Jungkook. You need to learn some manners, because the way you're acting is unacceptable. The funeral is tomorrow afternoon and I fully expect that damn boy to be gone by morning. Now get the fuck out of my sight. You're disgusting me." He scoffs.

"Why? Do I disgust you because I'm in love with a boy? Because I love someone who can actually pay attention to me and actually gives a shit about me? If so, that's fucking pathetic of you." I say with a smirk before walking out of the room.

Silently, I head upstairs, wondering which room Jimin would possibly be in. Smiling to myself, I look between the two doors when I get there, deciding to check his room first. Thankfully, Jimin's already in here, head snapping up to look over at me.

"Hey, baby. I think we should pack up all our things. You and I are gonna go on a trip somewhere, and I think we're just gonna stay there for a while. Maybe... maybe we can find somewhere else other than this stuffy place to live."