Chapter 27

Jungkook POV

"Mingyu is a competitor to Woo, my old boss. I'm fucked..." Jimin murmurs with wide eyes, slowly bringing his gaze up to meet mine. Just by seeing the look in his eyes, I can see just how panic stricken and anxious he's already becoming. Frowning worriedly, I stand up from my desk chair and walk over to him.

"Come on, baby. Let's get you out of here. I think you've had enough work for one day, yeah? Let's go home and relax. Maybe we can do another lesson or you could teach me how to do something else?" I suggest in a gentle tone as I wrap an arm around the quickly weakening boy. He just squeezes his eyes shut and nods his head though, not really giving much of a definite answer to my second question as I begin to lead him towards the door. Not that I'm necessarily worried about the second question, it was more so just something to try and help take his mind off of whatever's going on inside of it right now.

Dongwoo doesn't question us as we leave my office early, simply following us silently over to the elevator and heading down to the lobby. As we reach the car, Dongwoo opens the door for us and let's us in before closing it and climbing into the front. I lean down and kiss the top of Jimin's head as the car takes off, tangling my fingers into his hair in attempt to help ground him and calm him down. He doesn't say anything in return, merely whimpering and curling into my side more than he already was in response to the contact. I stay silent but bite my lip worriedly, concerned for how he's holding up right now.

Resting my head gently atop of his, I begin to wonder if it'll be possible for us to have a full conversation about himself and what's going on when we get home. If I'm going to be able to get him to calm down and talk about things or if he's going to calm down and end up too tired to do anything much but sleep. I'd really like to figure out why he's so constantly on edge and how he's able to swing from one end of the emotion spectrum to the other in a matter of minutes. Though, at the very least, I would need to get him completely calmed down first and I'd probably have to find some way of giving him something in return for talking about something that I know he won't want to discuss.

Thankfully, the car ride home doesn't take too long. When we reach our destination, Dongwoo opens the door for us before I lead Jimin inside quickly. I make sure to hold his hand the entire way, not bothering to stop us so that we can remove our shoes as I lead him up to my bedroom. I'm in such a flurry of trying to take care of Jiminie and just get him to a private safe place that I hardly even realize that my mother's not sat on the sofa reading a book like usual. Though, it's not generally a surprise anyways since she goes up to the library occasionally to get new books.

The moment we get to my room, Jiminie breaks down sobbing. With his legs collapsing beneath him, I freeze in my tracks from surprise. He only whimpers though, just as he's been doing since we got to the car. Even more worried than before at this point, I kneel down and scoop him up in my arms so that I can bring him over to my bed. Sitting down, I manage to slip my shoes off with decent ease before turning us the proper way and laying down on my back with Jimin on top of me. He instantly clings to me, wrapping arms around me as best he can with me below him on the bed, burying his face into my chest and tangling our legs together.

It feels just like earlier when he came back just seconds before I'd been about to call him, worried for what's going on and not feeling like I fully understand the situation as I rub his back and run my fingers through his hair to comfort him. It's frustrating feeling like I hardly understand him, even after he'd told me his past the other day with everything that's going on. Though, as much as I'd love to question him to death about all of it, it hardly seems like the time with how much he needs me right now. It's honestly a heartbreaking yet heart swelling feeling, knowing that he relies on me for comfort and that he seems to be coming to me for it more and more as the time passes.

It kills knowing he needs the comforting, that he's being hurt and needs it. Yet, it gives me a warm feeling to know that he trusts me enough to rely on me for comfort instead of yelling and shutting me out.