Prologue

This is a sappy note written long after the book was finished. If you do not wish to read, skip. I won't hunt you down if you do, I promise XD.

To the readers of the past, present, and the future:

On December 1st, 2016, a story meant to just be the countdown to Christmas was born. It was only meant to go to Christmas, but it wasn't long before the entire story took on a life of its own. And thus, it became known as Rouge TXT: A Star Wars Story.

Rogue TXT did something incredible. It brought together so many shippers and fans of Star Wars, created a commenting meme, and even inspired a few writers to start their own texting book. Most of all, it shocked the author that a crazy story which was meant to be nothing turned into the best beginner experience a writer could have.

Looking back at this story, I realize how much I miss making these chapters and having fun with the people who commented and read this story. I would have never loved Wattpad as I do today had it not been for everyone who supported the story as it uploaded chapter by chapter. And for those who read this book in the future, your support continues to fuel my love to write, and your comments will  always brighten up my day.

It's been two years since this book started. I have moved on from Rogue One stories and I want to pursue writing my own original stories. However, whenever someone new comes and comments or votes on a chapter, I reread that chapter in a heartbeat. Call it nostalgia, but as far as I know, I wouldn't change the way this book was made at all.

I don't regret a single word or a single typo that made it on every chapter. I don't regret the fool I made of myself and of the characters. I'm so glad you—the reader—somehow found this book and decided to read it. So thank you for everything. I hope you enjoy this story and that at least one chapter will leave a smile on your face.

~Marly Shayten/derp_eyes