Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Our First goodbye

*Demi's POV*

'baby you light up my world like nobod-'

"Niall this is the sixth time you've called! I'm at rehearsal!" I yelled into my phone, after quickly picking it up to silence the song he had set as my ring tone. "But I'm hungry!" Niall whined from the other end of the line. I couldn't help but giggle. "You're always hungry!" I replied. "Just hurry up before I starve!" Niall said before hanging up.

I finished going over my last song and headed straight for Nandos. Luckily, no one recognized me. When I walked in, I scaned the room to find Niall in the corner, already eating with two plates in front of him. As I walked over and sat down I smirked. "You act like you've never seen me eat before." Niall says, face still in his food.

I sat down and reached for a fry. Right before I could grab it my hand was slapped away. "Ouch." I whimpered. "My fries." Niall stated, finally looking up at me. I rolled my eyes. "Niall, I just spent 3 hours rehearsing with one small break. The least you can do is let me have one, single fry." I tried. "hmm.." Niall thought about it. Than he smirked. I can tell what he is going to say. ".. no." He said simply. I sighed and called over the waiter to order myself food.

In an hour we were stuffed and out the door. Well, I was stuffed. I don't know about Niall; he is always hungry.

We headed to my place to watch a movie. So what movie do you want to watch?" I asked even though I probably already knew the answer, as Niall ploped down on the couch. "Grease!" He said like an excited little child. How did I know he would say that? Maybe because he insists on watching it every time! I put it in and sit next to Niall, reclining the sofa to a comfy position as the movie begins.

~ the next morning ~

I guess we ended up falling asleep on the couch during the movie because when I woke up I found an arm over my face. I slowly and quietly slid off the couch to go upstairs so I could change my clothes and fix myself up. Before heading up I looked down at Niall who still lay asleep. He was sprawled out over the couch like an octopus. I had to hold back my laughter so I wouldn't wake him. I could barely hold it so I tip-toe ran up the stairs.

I finish getting ready in only 10 minutes and start to smell something good so I go back downstairs to find the source of the smell. I follow it to the kitchen and see Niall inside; eating cereal and a freshly cooked bacon, egg, ham and cheese sandwich with ketchup. How surprising! I think sarcastically.

I grab some cereal to eat and sit down across from Niall. "So, you know what today is, right?" I ask Niall. "You're leaving for the US leg of the Unbroken tour today" he states sadly. "Yup" I pop happily. "Since when are you so happy about this?" He asks. "Since yesterday, when they told me that at my Texas stop I can stay for a week to spend time with family." I state matter-of-factly. "But we wont get to talk anymore. After a while, somebody can get tired of hanging around the same five boys all the time." He says dramatically. "Niall, we will still be able to talk." I pause for a minute, thinking of an answer to his second statement. He's about to say something but I interrupt him by saying, "And. You don't always have to hang around the boys. You can find other friends. It wont be hard. Do you not know how many people in the world would love to be friends with you? Almost half the population." He just pouts and stares at me which turns into a stare down. As if on cue, we both break into a fit of laughter.

As my sides start to hurt from all the laughter we're stopped by the door bell. Suddenly, I remember what I'll be missing. Too bad Niall can't just come on tour with my because soon enough, he'll be starting his tour. I check the clock. It reads '11:29'. It must be Phil, my manager, who's at the door. I walk to the door, followed by Niall, and check the peep whole. When I see it to in fact be Phil, I open the door to let him in. He enters my house to take my bags and my luggage from my bedroom to my new tour bus, while me and Niall say our good byes.

I offer to call Niall everyday but we both know calling isn't enough for us and everyday just won't work out. I'll be too busy. Instead, I promise to skype him whenever I can. Realization of leaving him for so long hits me and tears threaten to sting my eyes. I quickly pull him into a hug so he wont see my face. I manage to hold the tears for a minute. He looks me in the eyes and we give each other a sad, silent goodbye. He turns away quickly, walking to his car. I can tell how upset he is too. As I watch him drive away, the weak wall I had built to hold back the tears had broken and I could feel them sliding down my face.

I hear Phil calling me from the tour bus door so I try to wipe the fallen tears from my eyes before he notices. I can't though.

Niall is my closest friend right now and I am definitely going to miss him.

----------------------------------------

A/N: So that was chapter 1 of my first book. I hope you liked it. Vote if you did and want me to post chapter two asap :)