Chapter 31 : Damn teenagers and their feelings.

Title says it all....

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK I LOVE KNOWING WHAT YALL THINK OF THE BOOK

****************************************

"You've kinda changed." I continued annoying Nathan as I smirked at him.

"Ellie!" Nathan exclaimed as he accidentally knocked down his water bottle.

"What?" I replied innocently.

Nathan knelt down to grab the bottle as he said,  "Stop assuming stuff, everything's normal."

"Oh yeah sure.." I shrugged as Nathan calmed down a little bit "or is it?" I added in a louder tone.

Nathan just glared at me.

I backed away and started laughing silently to myself.

Nathan has truly not been his loud self lately, and I've been mocking him about it for the past fifteen minutes as the teacher still hasn't made it.

He is claiming it's nothing but I highly doubt that.

I heard Nathan sigh before he said, "If I tell you, can you keep it between us?" I shifted my head towards Nathan in surprise, "I don't feel like getting asked about it right now."

"Nathan, ofcourse I won't tell anyone, you don't have to ask." I comforted Nathan in a small smile.

"Alright," Nathan's smile started to grow, "So.. there's this girl."

I grabbed my pencil and managed to break it in half out of excitement as Nathan widened his eyes in shock.

"I FREAKING KNEW IT!!" I exclaimed, grinning.

"Okay.." Nathan said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Okay." I repeated as I took a deep breath and slumped in my chair calmly again.

"I wanna know everything!" I pointed as Nathan shook his head at me and started talking.

"She's a family friend of ours, and I've seen her around a lot lately, but she's a year older than us." Nathan explained and I was fighting really hard to contain my emotions and not be extra.

"Okay, do you like her?" I asked the dumbest question.

"Obviously." Nathan rolled his eyes.

"Okay okay," I laughed, "did you ask her out or something?"

"Here's the thing," Nathan stated nervously, "she has a boyfriend."

Oh.

"Oh, dammit." I said, losing all excitement now.

"I don't know what to do." Nathan said, covering his face in frustration.

"You should definitely distance yourself from her, Nathan." I started as Nathan looked at me with sad eyes.

I continued, "I know it's hard, but if you keep on seeing her, you might eventually fall in love with her and it's going to be so difficult watching her be with someone else once you've fallen for her, so it's best if you don't get your hopes too high up, I'm sorry."

Now I feel like shit. I wish it would've worked out for him, Nathan deserves all good things.

"I understand, I guess you're right," Nathan said looking down, "on top of that, she's planning to leave for college next year, so there's no point."

"I'm glad you get it, it's for your own good, and it's not the end of the world or anything, you're still young and you'll meet a lot of people." I stated softly.