Chapter 53 : "Is everything okay?"

Songs of the chapter,
Say you won't let go - James Arthur
It's you -  Ali Gate
Chapter 53 : "Is everything okay?"

*next update coming in a few hours. Double update as promised🙈🙈

*******************************************

"Girl, I'm sure the price isn't that high online, give it a try!" I exclaimed and Amanda huffed.

"James said he looked it up already, it costs the same everywhere." Amanda said, pointing at James.

"It really does." James replied in agreement, more like slurred.

"He's drunk already?" I furrowed my eyebrows and Amanda laughed.

"Probably."

I was talking to my classmates. In a New Years party.

Was I forced to come? Normally, the answer would be yes. But this time, it's not. I wanted to come.

Parties could be fun sometimes. Plus, I love being surrounded by people kissing at midnight as I stare aimlessly at the wall.

Ofcourse, I've been fantasizing about kissing Aaron all week. But he didn't even show up to the party. Which kind of ruined my mood honestly.

I literally love going out nowadays just to see him, what's the point if he's not with me on the night of the new year?

"Ellie." I heard Rose scream somewhere from my left and when I turned my head, she motioned for me to come over.

"Have fun dealing with that." I told Amanda, pointing at James who is hammered and she shook her head in agony.

"Yes?" I asked Rose after walking towards her and the guys.

"Let's dance." She said a bit too enthusiastically.

"Yeah yeah, let's go!" Laurel said, pushing me by my shoulders.

I looked at Ethan in confusion, hoping someone would explain to me what's wrong with Laurel and Rose, but he just shrugged his shoulders.

I went along with it and we ended up walking outside the house, onto the front porch.

"What's going on?" I asked and Rose sighed.

"We think we know why Aaron didn't come." Laurel said and all of my attention immediately diverted into this conversation.

"Really? Why?" I asked, eager to know.

"The guys won't say it directly, but I think Ethan accidentally slipped up." Rose explained.

"With?" I asked.

"That Aaron found out about some results that have to do with his mom." Rose continued and I didn't know how to react.

Do Rose and Laurel even know about this? How am I supposed to act about it?

"Huh?" I replied, acting oblivious.

"We don't know what that means, did he mention anything to you?" Laurel said and I felt awkward.