Chapter 39 : Dear god, keep his sculpted jaw safe.

Please leave feedback, I'd love to know what yall think of the book by far ;)

Chapter 39 : Dear god, keep his sculpted jaw safe.

***************************************

I walked into school Tuesday morning, laughing at my phone on the most recent meme of Aaron, sent by him.

Today I was in a good mood for some reason. Even though I have alot of studying to do today, it's one of those very rare days when you wake up happy.

Not really, I weighed myself this morning though and I've lost four pounds, now that is something to be happy about.

Just as I was replying to Aaron and walking to my locker, I found a familiar face standing there and I'm assuming he's waiting for me.

My assumption was confirmed when Brad immediately said, "Good morning, I've been waiting for you."

Not even Brad could ruin my good mood today.

"Oh hi, why what's up?" I chuckled, putting my phone in my bag.

"Nothing really, I just wanted to check up on you." Brad replied.

"Oh, I'm fine, thank you very much." I said, wondering why would he randomly show up to ask about how I'm doing.

"Good to know." Brad said and I responded with a smile only as I opened my locker to put some things in.

"You look fine today." Brad suddenly said and I was torn between being flattered or cringing.

"Oh, uh," I said nervously, "thank you."

"Stop thanking me." Brad said, making me turn my head away in embarrassment.

I hate when guys keep on telling me not to thank them for anything, like what else do they expect me to say?

"Sorry," I grinned, "I don't know what else to say."

"So I wanted to ask you about-" before Brad got to finish his sentence, my phone began ringing.

"I'm so so sorry, hold on a sec." I said, pulling my phone out of my bag to find Rose calling me.

Weird, she could've just come to my locker.

"Come to the front of the library right now." Is the very first thing Rose said when I picked up.

Confused, I went on to ask her, "What- why, what's going on?"

"God Ellie, now's not your time to be stubborn, just come." Rose replied and I heard Steve in the background and some shouting.

"Okay, okay.." I replied confused, and hung up.

"I'm so sorry Brad, maybe you can tell me later, Rose wants me for something kind of important." I explained and closed my locker.

"It's fine, I can come with you." Brad said but at this point I'm not listening to him anymore.

What would have happened?

"Sure, sure." I said absentmindedly as Brad started following me to the library.

As I turned the final corner towards the library, I saw Rose, Laurel, and Ethan standing silently, as Nathan and Joey yelled at Aaron and Steve to 'stop'.

I furrowed my brows in confusion as I hurriedly made my way over.

"What's going on?" I whispered at Rose and Laurel.

"No idea, they've been fighting for like ten minutes now." Rose replied.

I looked around to find a few people whispering and glancing over, eager to know what's going on between the hot best friends in school.

"You're the one that fucking took this out of proportion." Steve shouted and I widened my eyes at how loud he is.

However, Aaron shocked me too when he yelled back, "You know what you said and know that it's not okay."

"Guys." Joey said, trying to step in between them, but they aren't even aware what's going on around them.

"Well maybe you should stop being a fucking pussy who gets offended over girls." Steve yelled and for some reason this sentence struck me.

Girls? What girls?

"God, you're such an asshole, can you hear yourself right now, or are you too much of a man all of the sudden?" Aaron replied and at this point, we all have no fucking clue what's going on or what they're on about.

Rose looks worried and is staring at Steve the entire time.

However, what Steve did next took us all by surprise.

Steve lost it, and all I see is him throwing his fist at Aaron's jaw.

Aaron stumbled back a little but before he can hit back, the guys all stepped in and started pulling them apart from each other.

At this point; alot of people were watching and ditching their classes and before I realized it, I found myself at Aaron's side, glaring at Steve.

I don't like it when Aaron is hurt in any way.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked Aaron but he only glared at Steve as Nathan pulled Steve back.

"What's going on here?" The unpleasant sound of our beloved (que the sarcasm) principal filled the hallway and people began to scramble to their classes.

"Whoever is involved in this, my office now." He yelled and I only looked at Aaron's jaw in concern.

Dear god, keep his sculpted jaw safe.

Aaron and Steve both walked away with the principal, leaving us confused and the guys panting from the effort they put in to push them away from each other.

I didn't miss Aaron's eyes searching for mine and him shooting me a smile as he said something, I'm assuming it was, "I'm okay."

"What the hell just happened?" Laurel asked and Ethan huffed.

"These fucking idiots." Ethan said.

"I can't believe it, we've never fought this way, now they wanna punch each other in front of the entire school?" Nathan shook his head.

"Punch each other?" Laurel snorted and I'm sure she meant exactly what I'm thinking too.

"Steve is the only one punching here, by the way." I crossed my arms angrily.

I don't care who's at fault, he can't just go around punching his best friend.

"Come on, you don't know the whole story." Rose said, trying to defend her boyfriend.

"She doesn't have to, you know how much they love each other and how long they've been friends, why in the world would he punch him?" Joey said.

I think all of us are mad at Steve by now.

"For real, that's so low." I replied.

"Guys, we can't fight over that too, let's get to class and see what will happen." Joey said. Joey has always been the mature one out of us.

We all agreed to listen to Joey and parted our ways into class.

When I turned around, I found Brad still watching us, and I forgot he was even there with me.

What confused me was when he found me staring at him, he pretended to not see me and just walked away.

What's up with everyone today?

Especially this weird asshole, I'm not in the mood for his shit.

I really thought nothing can ruin my good mood, but when did I ever have a good day.

With that in my mind, I walk to class all pissed off.

******************************************

A/N

I know this chapter is short, but there really isn't much to write about it besides boys being stupid and immature, nothing new, yknow, the usual.

I love you guys so much, cant believe this book is being noticed everyday:')

Xx ~Sania