Chapter 44 : It's definitely not a coincidence.

***********************************************

The entire car ride I didn't say a word.

I felt kind of numb and also in shock. I never thought I would have to go through harassment by anyone, the way I did today.

Aaron seemed on edge, but didn't ask anything yet, and for that, I'm grateful. I don't know if I can tell anyone, I feel embarrassed.

"Let's go, Oreo." Aaron said cheerily, trying to brighten up my mood.

But nothing was working right now, I can't even feel anything at this point.

I nodded silently and we made our way to a cookies and icecream place. I feel like I have lost my appetite even though I was starving.

The place was a little crowded and therefore I felt on edge, I was already in my own trance and now I have to walk past people, boys especially.

Aaron and I found an empty table anyways and we took a seat.

"What flavor of icecream do you want?" Aaron asked me.

"Doesn't matter." I replied in a small voice and Aaron sighed as he nodded and walked away to the register.

I don't know if I can be alone right now, so I hope Aaron will finish soon.

Five minutes later, Aaron returned with two icecream cups and a cookie.

"Oreo flavored icecream." He grinned, handling me the icecream.

I chuckled carelessly, "Thanks."

"So uh," Aaron tried to change the subject, "do you want to do something else after this?"

I shook my head as to say no.

Aaron slumped back in his chair and we started eating our food silently.

When I took the first bite out of the cookie, I realized just how hungry I am.

"Can we finish outside?" I asked Aaron, looking around uneasily.

I don't feel comfortable around this amount of people here, and the air doesn't feel like it's enough to fill my lungs.

"Yeah, sure." Aaron said and we both got up, grabbed our icecreams and my cookie and left the place.

We made a small walk and then came across a park so we randomly took a seat there on one of the benches.

The sun hasn't went out completely still, but it probably will in about twenty minutes.

I should probably inform my parents that I am safe but I don't know if I can hear mom's voice right now.

"Ellie." Aaron said suddenly and I lifted my head up to look at his face, that looked all serious right now.

"Yes?" I replied in question.

"Did someone hurt you?" Aaron went straight to the point as he pointed at a bruise on my right wrist that I failed to notice earlier.