Chapter 36 : "Who are you fooling?"

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE FEEDBACK

Chapter 36 : "Who are you fooling?"

*********************************************

I look around grumpily as I shove books in my bag. I hate Mondays.

I'm so damn sleepy, I can literally fall asleep standing. I would literally rather be sick if it means I can skip school.

"Cute top." Laurel walks towards me, whistling.

I laugh, "Cute whistle."

"I learned it from my brother." Laurel shrugs and then waves at Ethan and Aaron who happen to walk by.

"Good morning." Ethan says, looking and sounding just as sleepy as I am.

"Guys, don't you think Ellie is too dressed up?" Laurel asks, pointing at my outfit.

"Yeah, it's a first not seeing you in sweatpants." Aaron responds.

I frown, "Hey! I never wear sweatpants to school."

"You do sometimes." Ethan argues.

I narrow my eyes at him as Laurel asks, "So, why are you dressed up, what are you hiding?"

"Well," I say, throwing my hair behind my shoulders, "don't you notice how I dress nicely every Monday?"

"Um, yeah.." Laurel replies.

"Why?" Aaron furrows his brows at me.

"Mondays are so depressing, I figured if I looked cute enough, it would make me feel better." I explain but my voice falters when I see how they're looking at me in disbelief.

"That's so stupid." Aaron states.

"It's none of your smart business." I reply, mocking him.

"Where's Rose and Steve?" Ethan asks.

Joey is getting out of the hospital today, so he isn't here and Nathan said he will be late.

"Right, they bailed on our meeting." I sigh dramatically.

We have this morning meeting thing going on; it states that every one of us has to be infront of my locker before class starts. I still don't know why we chose my locker.

"Isn't that them?" Ethan asks, pointing at the very end of the hallway and as I turn my head I spot Rose with her arms crossed as Steve goes on about something, his arms flying everywhere.

"Weird." I mutter. It's not weird, I'm just surprised that they're fighting so early in the morning.

The bell ringing cut everyone's speaking voices as we all rushed to class.

We all walked to class that day with Rose and Steve still arguing in the hallway.

******************************************

I walked out of class angry, huffing every two seconds, having just texted Rose during the class.

She explained to me Steve's problem and this is one of those girl code moments.

In other words, I'm going to pretend to be needing Rose and Laurel during lunch, because she said she can't stand sitting with Steve right now.

Basically Steve, acting just like another basic boy, was arguing with Rose for 'flirting' with another guy when in reality, that guy, Nate, is a friend of both Steve and Rose and was only catching up with Rose about some stuff.

Rose told me she's sure Steve was already angry about something and looked for whatever reason to lash out and let out his anger and when he saw Rose with Nate, it was like god served him just what he wanted.

I wouldn't have been this angry if he just got jealous, but apparently, he has said some pretty fucked up shit to Rose, and it's sad because they have just now started dating and are already fighting.

I walk over to our table and immediately follow with the plan.

"Is something wrong?" Aaron asks me in concern once Rose and Laurel get up to come with me.

"No, don't worry." I shoot Aaron a smile and when I stand there smiling at him for like ten full seconds, I feel Rose pulling on my shirt from behind.

"Um yeah, see you guys." I say, snapping out of that smile, and all of us walk away.

"Did you see how he didn't even bother looking at me?" Rose exclaims angrily the second we step out of the cafeteria and look for a place to sit.

"He's never been this harsh towards you, he seriously pissed me off." Laurel crosses her arms.

"Did you ask him if something's already wrong with him because it clearly seems that way." I huff as we sit in front of Laurel's locker like freaks.

"Ofcourse I did, he got even more mad when I said that, he was like, 'why can't you accept that your boyfriend will be mad if you're all over another guy'."

Laurel and I literally gasped.

"How dare he-" Laurel said.

"Motherfucker." I continue as I get up and get ready to kick his ass.

"No, Ellie, please don't." Rose sighs and I huff as I sit back down.

"He's so fucking stupid, Nate's always been a friend of ours, like come on, and to say you're all over him, I just.. ugh!" I groan angrily.

How dare anyone make Rose upset. She's so precious and sweet, I don't understand.

Laurel sighs and starts picking on her food quietly as we all stay silent.

Rose narrows her eyes at Laurel suddenly, "And you," she points her fork at Laurel's face, "don't seem well yourself."

Laurel chuckles but it seems very forced, "Nah, everything's fine."

"Who are you fooling?" I reply and Laurel sighs yet again.

"My parents are getting a divorce." Laurel suddenly drops the bomb and shocks us into immediate silence.

I gasped lightly as I tried to make sense of it. How did this happen so suddenly and so quickly, her parents were fine, like, yesterday.

"For real?" Rose muttered, looking as confused as I am.

"Yes, remember how they didn't let me stay with Joey at the hospital?" She asked, starting to explain.

"No, I thought you stayed." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh," Laurel said as realization hit her, "I thought I told you, mom called angry and wouldn't understand, she was demanding I get home and I know they love Joey so I felt that something was off."

"I don't understand, they've never said anything before?" Rose responds.

"I guess they did, they kind of have been arguing for so long." Laurel said, her eyes tearing up.

"It's okay, you can let it out." I say, putting my sandwich aside as I go in for a hug.

"I just feel like, everything shitty came at the same time." Laurel's voice cracks and Rose joins in on our usual group hug.

"Everything will be okay." I whisper and we spend the remaining twenty minutes of lunch like that.

**********************************

A/N
I know this chapter is short and kind of like a filler, it's not necessarily my favorite, but some points had to be mentioned and I felt like explaining some other situations rather than just Ellie and Aaron's undying love

Yeah no thats it

~Sania Xx