Chapter 35 : Good thing he's a leftie.

HI
VOTE AND LEAVE FEEDBACK PLEASE

Chapter 35: Good thing he's a leftie.

*************************************************

"Yeah mom I locked the doors, don't worry." I sigh as I assure my mom for what feels like the tenth time.

"Okay, call your dad when you're finished to bring you home." Mom says.

"I'm sure I can find a ride, I told you not to worry." I say and notice my leg moving up and down in a quick pace. Something most people tend to do unintentionally.

I don't even recall when my leg started moving.

"Call me and tell me who's your ride before you leave the hospital." Mom says firmly as I glance at Aaron and find him completely zoned out.

"Okay mom, goodbye now." I finally say, ending the call.

"Wow, she wouldn't stop going on and on." I shake my head chuckling, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Mm." Aaron nods absentmindedly.

"He's fine Aaron, come on." I say, poking Aaron's arms trying to make him laugh.

"We don't know that." Aaron responds.

"Yes we do," I assure him, "Rose would've mentioned if something was serious."

"Or she wouldn't mention it to not worry us." He says, raising his voice a little now.

"God, Aaron no, where did that come from, he's okay, I'm sure." I reply.

"You don't know shit Ellie, just stop." Aaron's loud voice shocks me and immediately silences me.

I lean back, feeling just a little hurt and very confused. Why would Aaron speak to me that way?

I guess he's angry and worried, so I'm not going to make a big deal of it.

I look outside the window and find that we're nearing the location.

We spend the rest of the car ride in silence, Aaron still looks mad and nervous, and I'm just lost in my own thoughts, also feeling slightly bitter towards what happened but trying to put myself in Aaron's shoes.

I always find excuses for people, so I'm not going to bother making Aaron feel like shit about this, he's not just anyone and I know he didn't mean it.

Five minutes later, We're pulling up infront of the hospital.

Just as we're about to make it inside, Aaron pulls me back and shocks me for the second time today when he says, "I'm scared."

I furrow my eyebrows as my heart hurt a little by how small Aaron's voice sounds.

"Everything is okay, you will see." I comfort Aaron and lean in to hug him.

His big arms wrap around me and I notice how small I am in his arms as I lean my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat.