Chapter 55 : "You need to kiss already."

Songs of the chapter:
Everything has changed - Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift
Love me like you do - Ellie Goulding
Never be the same - Camila Cabello

**********************************************

"Damn girl, why can't you ever snap a good picture?" Rose whined after she checked out the pictures Laurel took of her about five minutes ago.

Laurel gasped in annoyance, "Maybe you should just accept the fact that the real problem is your face."

"You should do these more often Laurel, just fucking snap." I told Laurel as Rose gasped at what she said.

"It's not my fault you can't get the right angle!" Rose replied and Laurel ignored her.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" Laurel asked me, staring at me as Rose went back to checking out her pictures.

"I just want your opinions, honest opinions, okay?" I started out and Rose nodded at me, urging me to continue.

"I've been thinking lately, there's something going on in my mind." I said.

"What is?" Laurel asked and I sighed.

"I think I'm in love with Aaron."

All the endless nights of staying up, overthinking my feelings towards Aaron, all the fears of being in love with him, seemed to be a little bit lifted off my chest once I admitted this out loud.

Laurel raised her brows and Rose just smiled in silence.

"Well, I mean, it's kinda obvious." Laurel shrugged casually and Rose nodded.

"How, how is it obvious, because I'm not even sure myself," I said and then continued, "I don't wanna just throw the word around just because he's my crush."

"Ellie, we all know it's more than just a crush between you two okay?" Rose said before explaining, "Have you seen the way you both look at each other, or the way you literally forget about all of us around you and just sit laughing as though you're both in your own world? It looks like love to me."

I was smiling the whole time Rose was talking as I thought about Aaron. It's so true, whenever I'm around him, I forget about everyone and everything else, it's just that simple.

"It feels like that too, I feel like I'm ready to give him everything," I replied giddily, "It's crazy because I feel like I haven't been in love before, I never felt this way with Colton, y'know? I just thought I did."

Laurel just grinned at me, "You two are perfect for each other."

"You need to kiss already." Rose whined and I sighed.

"I wish." I muttered, remembering all the times we had almost kissed and regretting not going through with it when I had the chance.

"Why don't you come forward with your feelings then?" Laurel huffed and I widened my eyes at the thought of that in itself.

"Are you kidding?" I exclaimed, and began rambling instantly, "The thought of that scares me, I don't know if I'm ready, I don't know how he feels, why would he want something real with me anyways?"

"You still don't realize that he loves you?" Rose asked in disbelief.

"Loves me?" I replied in question, "I don't know, I feel like he treats me as a best friend, I can't imagine him loving me!"

"All the times he flirted with you, and made excuses just to see you, and called you, and nearly kissed you.." Rose said before continuing as she shook her head, "you think that's all best friend things?"