Chapter 1: "GERALD IS IN JAIL!"

"GERALD IS IN JAIL!" Kaitlyn yelled as she shook my shoulder violently. "WAKE UP!"

The yelling quite literally scared me awake. I rolled over out of the bed and hit the floor, groaning as I held my head.

"What did you say?" I muttered as I laid on the floor for a minute before sitting up.

"Gerald is in jail!" Kaitlyn said again as she helped me up. "Grady just called me."

My eyes widened as I leaned against my bed, biting down on my lip as tears filled my eyes.

"What happened?! Is he okay?! He's on tour right now, what's going to happen?!" I yelled as I paced back and forth.

Kaitlyn placed her hands on my shoulders and guided me back over to the bed, sitting me down.

"They found cocaine on him," she explained. "A fan wanted a photo with him, but he denied. The fan took one anyway, and then he assaulted a cop...they said he had powder on his nose and he was acting crazy."

"What the fuck!?" I yelled as I laid back on my bed again, putting my hands over my face. "I just talked to him last night, why would he do this?!"

Kaitlyn held her phone in her hand as she looked at the photos Grady had sent her.

"I don't mean to stress you out even more," she said quietly. "But he was with Halsey, too. I don't know if they did anything, but all Grady sent me were photos of them leaving the club together."

"HALSEY?!" I yelled as I sat up again, feeling my face grow hot. "Fucking great. She's famous, she's hot and she's got tons of money. Three things that I don't have. I might as well kiss our relationship goodbye."

Kaitlyn shook her head, watching me freak out.

"I dunno, Rachel. You're beautiful. You're wholesome, and you know how to love Gerald because I know I would bash his face in with all the shit he's pulled," she said as she went over to her dresser. "If he truly loves you as much as he says he does, then he and Halsey didn't do anything."

I rolled my eyes as I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

"How am I supposed to focus on this psychology final with my boyfriend locked up in Sweden?" I yelled from the bathroom as I rinsed off my face.

"You studied, right?" Kaitlyn asked as she changed her clothes. "It should be easy."

I walked out of the bathroom to put on a pair of leggings and one of Gerald's t-shirts that was still in my drawer.

"Uh, yeah, I totally studied," I said as I ran a brush through my hair. "I'm gonna do great," I smiled.

Xoxox

"I totally failed!" I yelled as we walked out of the classroom. "I failed that final which means I'll get a C in the class, and there goes my GPA!"

Tally rushed up to us, sitting down next to me.

"Rachel!" She yelled. "Is it true that Gerald got arrested??!"

"Everyone knows, Kaitlyn!" I groaned as I put my head in my hands. "That's it, we're done for."

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes as she pushed Tally's phone away from me roughly. 

"Leave her alone, Tally. She's already under enough stress, and she doesn't need anymore," Kaitlyn said as she held her textbook in her arm.

I jumped when I felt my phone ringing, thinking it was Gerald. It wasn't. It was James.

"James!" I said loudly in the hallway, causing people to look. "Is Gerald okay?! I heard what happened and I've been so worried about him!"

"Rach," James said calmly. "Breathe in. Breathe out. Relax," he laughed on the other end. He was always so calm about things, and that's what I admired most about him.

I leaned against the wall, looking behind me at Kaitlyn and Tally as they talked. Kaitlyn looked angry, so I knew it wasn't going to be good.

"Gerald's okay," James said in his same calm tone. "I bailed him out. He's sleeping right now, and he has to appear in court tomorrow. Hopefully, if everything goes okay, we'll be able to continue on with the tour." 

"Oh, thank God," I smiled as I rubbed my eyes. "I've been so worried about him. I think I failed my psych final."

James laughed into the phone again. I heard him groan, so he must've just woken up.

"Focus on school. You're almost done for the summer," he said. "And Gerald wants to talk to you about coming on tour to work for him."

"I know, I know. He mentioned it a few months ago," I said as I ran a hand through my hair. "We've got a lot to talk about."

James groaned tiredly again.

"Yeah, we do," he muttered. "I'll talk to you later, Rachel."

We got off the phone, and I turned around to go tell Kaitlyn the good news, but she was arguing with Tally.

"You don't need to be in our business all god damn summer, Tally!" Kaitlyn said as she threw her book at her. "I'm not telling you anything about Grady, or Gerald, so stop asking!"

I groaned as I picked up the book, tugging on Kaitlyn's arm.

"Come on, we have to go pack up our dorm room," I said as I drug her down the hallway.

This was already shaping up to be an eventful summer.