Chapter 29, Part 2: "It'll be our little secret."

***Kaitlyn's POV***

Grady ran his hands down my body as he bit down on my collarbone roughly. I groaned, tilting my head to the side as I closed my eyes.

"Fuck," I choked out, knotting my fingers in his hair as I tugged on it, causing him to groan against my skin. "I missed this..."

He started trailing soft kisses down my abdomen when there was a knock at the door, causing him to groan.

"Can't you just ignore that?" He asked, looking up at me from under the blanket. "We were just getting started.."

I got up from under him, going over to the door.

"It could be Rachel or something," I said, opening up the door and screaming, covering my chest when I saw Gerald standing there. "What do you want?!" I yelled.

"Rachel left me again," he said as he ran a hand through his hair. I could smell the whiskey on his breath, and man, it was nauseating. "She went to go see her new boyfriend, and now I lost the love of my life."

I ran off to the bathroom to put on the clothes that Grady had torn off of me, coming back out. He was leaning against the door frame.

"Gerald, you know she's doing what's best for her-" Grady started to say before Gerald cut him off.

"I don't want her to be with anyone else except me, Grady," Gerald said as he wiped his eyes. "I lost her. I fucking lost her."

"If you actually got help like you said you were going to, maybe something would change," I said as I shut off the bathroom light. "You can't keep trying to deliver her empty promises. Rachel's becoming an independent woman now. She needs someone who's going to grow with her. Not tear her down."

He stood up off the door frame, standing there in the middle of the room.

"You don't know what I'm doing now that Rachel and I aren't together," he muttered. "But I do know that I'm going to win her back."

I rolled my eyes, turning back to look at Grady, who was just sitting on my bed, watching Gerald and I talk.

"Saying you're going to do something and actually following through with it are two totally different things," I said as I started to push him to the door. "Grow up, Gerald. I'm not here to be your babysitter."

"You gotta help me get Rachel back," he begged, walking back to the door. "I can't...I can't go on without her."

I opened up the door, waiting for him to walk out.

"I'm not helping you do shit," I spat. "She doesn't need you. She's better off without you," I said as I slammed the door the second he stepped out.

"I'll find someone to help me," he muttered before the door closed, turning to walk down the hallway.

Grady watched me slam the door and frowned as he laid back on my bed, reaching out for me.

"That was harsh, and a little uncalled for," he muttered as I laid down next to him again. "You should apologize."

I rolled my eyes, groaning as I looked up at him.

"Fine," I muttered. "But he doesn't need to be so hung up on Rachel."

Xoxox

***Gerald's POV***

I laid back on Tally's dorm room bed, resting my hands on my stomach as I stared up at the ceiling. We were both half naked and had been making out until I pulled away from her.

"Are you gonna go talk to Rachel now?" She asked, laying on her side as she looked up at me, running a hand through my hair.

I twitched slightly, turning my head to look down at her as I grabbed her hand. I shook my head.

"Nah," I chuckled softly. " She doesn't like it when I drink. If I called her right now, she'd bash my head in. She wasn't in the dorm when I went a while ago, so my guess is Ricky."

Tally looked down at our hands before looking back up at me.

"She's using Ricky to make up for the fact that she's lonely," she said softly. "It's why she buries herself in all this work. She keeps herself busy to take her mind off of you."

"Rachel's always liked being busy," I tried to say before Tally started talking again.

"Gerald, she still loves you," she reassured me. "But clearly not enough to accept your apology. You need to move on from her."

I shook my head, looking up back up at the ceiling.

"I gotta better myself so she'd take me back," I laughed softly. "I'm gonna marry her one day."

I watched Tally's expression change, but it didn't make her mad enough to kick me out of her room. Instead, she cuddled up next to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Don't tell Rachel about this, alright?" I said softly, playing with her hair. "It'll be our little secret."