Chapter 23, Part 3: "Promise me you won't tell him?"

August 24, 2018
Buffalo, New York
The Endless Summer Tour

*** Kaitlyn's POV ***

I woke up to over a dozen text messages from Rachel asking where I was at, and I felt really bad because she never usually does that. It was around 1:45 in the morning when Grady and I and woke up, and I decided to go back to be with her.

"Do you have to go back?" Grady frowned as we got dressed. He grabbed his phone and put it in his pocket. "I'm sure Rachel's probably sleeping by now. She doesn't need you."

I laughed as I picked up my vans, no use in putting them on if I'm just going down the hall. I put my phone in the butt pocket of my jeans and opened up Grady's hotel room door, waiting for him.

"I at least need to make sure she's okay," I pouted up at him. "She sent me 18 texts. She never usually does that."

"Fine," he pouted as we stopped right outside the door. "I'll walk you inside."

I put my key in the slot and opened up the door quietly in case Rachel was sleeping. It was dark except for the glow of the silent tv.

"I guess she-" I gasped softly, smacking Grady in the chest as I tip-toed into the room. "I know that's not Gerald in her fucking bed," I hissed, looking at him.

"Ow," he muttered as he followed me. "It's not, Kaitlyn," he muttered quietly. "It's James."

"James!?" I hissed again, peaking over them to look. Grady was right. James, Gerald's brother, was in Rachel's hotel room bed, and I had no idea how he got there. "How did he get there?"

Grady shrugged, watching me study James' face carefully to make sure it really was him and not Gerald. They both look so fucking similar that I just had to be sure.

"Well, they're cuddling," Grady spoke softly. "She's fine. How about we go back to my room and fuck?"

I rolled my eyes, pulling him outside into the hallway so we could talk a little louder. I quietly shut the door behind us.

"How the fuck did Gerald's brother get in there?!" I asked, obviously confused. "I missed something somewhere."

Grady leaned against the wall, yawning as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I don't know, babe," he said as he looked at me. "But James is gonna be a dead man when Gerald finds out."

"Gerald's not going to find out because we're not going to tell him," I responded without missing a beat. "It's none of his business. They're not together, who she sees doesn't need to concern him."

"Bab-" he started to say before I cut him off.

"None. Of. His. Business," I repeated, looking up at him. "Promise me you won't tell him?" I pouted cutely.

He groaned, looking down at me as he placed his hands on my hips, biting down on his lip.

"I promise not to tell him if you come back to my room so we can fuck one more time before you go back to school," he smirked, laughing.

I smacked his chest again, scoffing as I walked away from him.

"Grady! This is serious!" I whined. "Stop messing around."

He pouted and rubbed his chest again, watching me pace down the hallway with a laugh.

"Ow," he chuckled, shaking his head as he kept a hand on his chest. "Okay, fine, but only because you hit like a WWE wrestler."

I smacked his arm this time, scoffing in disbelief.

"I can't believe you just said that!" I said as I watched him. "I do not smack you that hard."

He rubbed his arm, laughing as he looked away from me.

"I'm just gonna shut up before I end up on the floor," he laughed, rubbing his arm again. "Ow..."

I stood in front of him, playing with the strings of my hoodie as I sighed, pouting.

"I don't know how she got involved with James, and I'm going to find out," I paused. "But ... it was a little refreshing seeing her lay there and look so happy, even while she was sleeping."

"Are you wanting her to date James?" He questioned me, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my forehead. "There's no way they'd be able to keep that a secret."

"I'm not saying anything, Grady," I said as I bit down on my lip. "But it was nice to see her happy finally. She deserves it, and if she gets that happiness from James, then so be it. If I have to keep this secret, so do you."

He groaned, pushing himself off the wall.

"Fine," he said again. "But it's nearly 2:30 and I have to be at the venue at 10 with Gerald," he said as he started to walk away. "Goodnight, I love you."

I tugged him back, unlocking Rachel and I's hotel room.

"I love you too, but you're sleeping in here with me tonight," I whispered as we went inside. "If Rachel gets a cuddle buddy, I get one, too."