Chapter 23, Part 2: "Why are you so hostile towards me?"

A/N: WARNING. PLEASE READ: There are some slight depictions of domestic violence in this chapter. If this bothers you in any way, PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER. 

August 23, 2018

Buffalo, New York

The Endless Summer Tour

Kaitlyn had been gone with Grady for a few hours now, and I didn't want to wait any longer, so I went to the McDonald's across the street and ate dinner by myself.

Gerald had been blowing up my phone with texts and calls wanting to know if I was with Kaitlyn. When we broke up, I stopped sharing my location with him and went ghost on the Snapchat friends map, so he pretty much had no way of knowing where I was at. And I liked that.

I sent a few texts to Kaitlyn and still hadn't heard back from her, so I figured she was asleep and headed back across the street to the hotel, where I planned to just take a hot bath, crawl in bed and watch a movie.

"Raaaaaachel," an all too familiar voice slurred as a hand appeared on my shoulder, right outside my hotel room. "I was so worried that you didn't come with Kait."

I didn't even need to turn around to know it was Gerald, and I knew he was drunk because I could smell the whiskey on his breath. And it was not a good smell. I didn't even like it when we were dating.

"Uh..." I said as I shrugged his hand off of my shoulder, turning around to look up at him. "Yeah, I came with her....and I've been trying to avoid you, which I'm going to go back to doing," I said as I went to put my key in the slot, but he blocked me.

"Talk to me awhile, baby girl," he laughed, leaning against the wall. "I see that beautiful hair is gone," he said as he reached out to touch it.

I stepped back, swatting his hand away.

"Okay, first of all, we're not dating anymore, so you can't call me that. Secondly, I never gave you permission to touch me," I snapped, squeezing the room key in my hand. "I just wanna go in my room, Gerald. I'm being nice when I have so much to say to you, so please, just leave me alone."

He laughed again, keeping his hand on the door handle to my room, shaking his head.

"I just wanna talk," he muttered. "Ain't nothing wrong with a little friendly conversation..."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest.

"No, there isn't," I said, avoiding eye contact with him. "But there is when it's with your ex, and he's fucking plastered," I said as I went to move his hand off the handle. "You can leave now."

"I'm NOT leaving until you talk to me," he said as his voice raised slightly, which startled me a little. I could now tell how much he had to drink because he was never this aggressive with me.

I didn't want anyone coming out of their rooms or calling the police, so I agreed to go to Gerald's room and talk for a bit, even though I really didn't want to see him, let alone hold a conversation that he wouldn't remember in the morning.

"Yeah, so," I said as I leaned against the dresser, watching him sit down on the bed. "What do you want to talk about, Gerald. What's so important that you had to cause a scene in the hallway?"

"Why are you so hostile towards me?" He said as he stood up, sliding his shirt off and throwing it on the chair. "I'm being nice to you."

I scoffed, shaking my head.

"You call blocking my door and causing a scene in the hallway being nice?" I shook my head. "That's terrifying."

He took a step closer to me, and I got a little uncomfortable, so I moved over by the wall, but for some reason, he followed.