Chapter 35, Part 2: "Did you do anything with him?"

Waking up in Gerald's arms the next morning reminded me of what used to be, but I knew we couldn't be together because it just didn't work, and I think he's finally seeing that.

I looked up to see him still asleep and smiled to myself, but jumped slightly when my phone buzzed. Reaching behind me to grab it, I bit down on my lip when I saw a text from Ricky.

Ricky: Morning. :) Want to go grab some breakfast? I'll pick you up in an hour.

I bit down on my lip and looked down at the message and then back at Gerald who was sleeping peacefully next to me.

Me: Sure. That sounds great!

"Gerald," I muttered softly as I leaned down, kissing his head and laughing as he groaned softly, burying his head in my chest. "Gerald, wake up. I have to meet Ricky in an hour."

"Fuck Ricky," he muttered as he rubbed his eyes, kissing my chest. "Stay here."

I rolled my eyes as I played with his hair, watching him try and wake up.

"Gerald," I said again with a laugh. "Please get up. I have to get dressed."

He groaned again and sat up, stretching his arms above his head. He watched me get out of bed and laughed to himself.

"Neither one of us got dressed last night," he winked, watching me walk to my closet. "It was great to see you naked."

I rolled my eyes again as I picked out an outfit to wear, quickly getting dressed. He got up and pulled on his jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket he wore yesterday, going into my bathroom to use my brush.

"Did I say you could use that?" I yelled as I stood in front of the mirror on my closet door, putting on my make up.

"It was implied," he laughed as he fixed his hair, coming out to put his shoes on. "I'll call you later."

I nodded, reaching up and kissing his cheek with a small smile.

"Bye, Gerald," I said as I watched the door close.

I went back to fixing my hair, trying to straighten it for a few minutes so it didn't look so wild. While I was straightening my hair, I decided that I needed to tell Ricky about my night with Gerald. If we were going to continue to date, I needed to be honest with him.

There was another knock on the door, and it made my heart skip a beat because it scared me. I walked over to it and opened it up, smiling when I saw Ricky.

"Hey," I smiled as I let him in, shutting the door. "I'll be ready in a second."

"You look beautiful," Ricky smiled as he looked around my room. "What's all of this equipment for?"

I turned around, looking at the bags in the corner while I finished my hair.

"The cameras and stuff that Kait, Tyler and I used to film our documentary," I said as I unplugged my hair straightener. "I gotta check them back in tomorrow."

Ricky leaned against my bed frame, bending over and grabbing a yellow hoodie that was balled up on the floor. He could smell Gerald's cologne on it.

"Who's is this?" He asked, holding it up. "It's too big to be yours, and it smells like a man."

My eyes grew wide as he held it out in front of me. I forgot to check and make sure that Gerald had all of his stuff.

"That...is Gerald's hoodie," I confessed. "He was here yesterday. I needed one last interview for our documentary."

"Right," he said as he set it down, standing up to look at me. "Did you do anything with him?"

My phone started buzzing in my pocket, so I pulled it out to see who was calling. It was Gerald.