Chapter 12: "Ugh, what does one wear on a date that's not out to eat?!"

A/N: I'm impressed that I was able to get up two chapters in the middle of the week! This one is in Kaitlyn's POV! :)

***Kaitlyn's POV***

My actual 'official' date with Grady is tonight, and I don't know why I'm so nervous. He said he's taking me to his favorite place, that's not a restaurant, so at least I know I don't have to get TOO fancy.

"Ugh, what does one wear on a date that's not out to eat?!" I yelled as I stood in my closet, rifling through my clothes. "He's going to say I look beautiful either way," I laughed.

Eventually, I decided on a light blue maxi dress with some light make up and my hair up in a bun. This was cute enough for a date, right?

I slipped on a pair of sandals and grabbed my purse, making my way downstairs where I saw Gerald and Rachel cuddled up on the couch watching Rachel's favorite show in the entire world, Keeping Up with The Kardashians.

"Baby, this shit is so stupid. Kim's ass is so fake," Gerald laughed as he tucked one of his arms behind his head.

"I know it's stupid, that's why it's so funny," she laughed as she pulled the blanket tighter around herself.

I came all the downstairs and stood at the end of the couch.

"While you two idiots are watching the Kardashians, I'm going to go on my date with Grady," I said as I watched them look at me.

"Damn," Gerald said as he checked me out. "I would rip that dress off of you in a heartbeat."

Rachel smacked his chest as she sat up.

"Gerald!" she yelled. "What the fuck? I'm right here!" She said as she got up off the couch, moving away from him.

"I wouldn't actually do it, Rach!" he said with a chuckle as he rubbed his chest. "That hurt..."

I rolled my eyes as I put my phone in my bag.

"Alright, I'm leaving, see you guys later," I said as I walked out of the house, shutting the door behind me.

Xoxox

"We're almost there," Grady said as he kept his hand on the small of my back while leading us up a path. "Don't take off your blindfold."

"Why? So I can't see you kill me?" I laughed as I kept going up the path. "This is really far away from the city. I can hear how quiet it is."

"It's my favorite place to go," he said as we stopped walking a short distance later. "Alright, we're here. You can take it off."

I untied the blindfold from my head and smiled widely when I saw the view in front of me. We were on a trail way up high above the city, and it was getting dark so you could clearly see the sun setting.

"Oh my god, Grady," I blushed. "It's beautiful up here!" I said as I wrapped my arms around his torso, leaning on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me," he said as he placed his hand on my hip while we stood there, taking in the view. "You're special to me, and I've enjoyed getting to know you over the last few months or so, you know..." he said nervously.

I smiled up at him, bringing his head down so that I could kiss his lips.

"You're pretty special to me, too," I gushed. "Remember when Gerald stormed into my dorm room with you behind him and I said I was calling the police?" I laughed as I put my hand on his chest. "Look at us now."

He laughed, looking down at me.

"I wouldn't do well in prison," he chuckled. "I would definitely be somebody's bitch."

He set the bag down on the ground and pulled out a blanket, spreading it out on the ground. He also pulled out his camera, smiling sheepishly at me.

"We definitely have to do some type of photo shoot up here," he smiled as he turned his camera on. "It's too beautiful up here, and you're too gorgeous not to."

I laughed as I ran a hand through my hair.

"I definitely wouldn't say I'm gorgeous," I blushed. "That's kind of a stretch, but thanks."

He shook his head, kneeling down next to me as he took a photo of me resting my head on my knees.

"See? You're so beautiful," he said as he kissed my cheek. "I'm gonna frame all of these and give them to you."

We laughed as we took a few more photos, and it was nice to see the side of Grady that I didn't get to see on tour or when we're with Gerald and Rachel. This side of Grady is sweet, relaxed and so romantic. I think I might be falling in love with him.

"Maybe I'll post these on my public Instagram page and let people know that I may be finally settling down," he said as he put his camera in the bag and laid down next to me.

I turned my head to look at him and smiled when he did, feeling my cheeks get hot.

"Settling down? You?" I laughed as I rolled over on my side, propping myself up with my elbow. "I haven't made that much of an impact on you."

He avoided eye contact for a second before leaning in to kiss me again, tugging on my bottom lip as he pulled away.

"Yes, you have," he said with a shaky breath. "I'm gonna be open here...I'm vulnerable right now," he said nervously. "You're what I think about when I wake up, when I go to bed, and honestly, you're always in the back of my mind..." he trailed off as he grabbed my hand. "I'd like to have you around forever."

"Forever?" I asked. "What do you mean? I'm not going anywhere."

He smiled at my response, leaning in closer to me so the distance between us was just inches now.

"Kaitlyn Nicole Jillard," he said shakily. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Grady..." I began, biting down on my lip.

He shook his head, moving to sit up.

"No, it's okay, you can say no," he said with a nervous laugh. "I probably got way too ahead of myself, and it's too soon to ask you-"

I pulled him back down on the blanket and kissed him roughly, running my hands down his chest.

"Grady Brannan," I paused with a smile. "I would love to be your girlfriend."