Chapter 8: "I just think something needs to change, Gerald."

A/N: I had an unplanned snow day because we got nearly a foot of snow here! Here is my third and final chapter of the day. This one is a little shorter, but it's in Kaitlyn's POV! I like doing POV chapters because it's fun to switch up the perspective once in awhile. I'm hoping to have at least two more chapters up after work tomorrow night, but we'll see, depending on how tired I am!

June 1, 2018

London, England, United Kingdom

The Beautiful & Damned Europe Tour

***Kaitlyn's POV***

Grady and I were laying on the couch in the dressing room for a while before going to the bus because we didn't want to listen to yet another Rachel and Gerald fight. We were talking about what we were going to do when we got back to California because we have almost a month break before the Endless Summer Tour starts.

"I think I'm gonna sleep fore-" I said as I looked up when the door swung open. I was surprised to see Rachel after we had fought. "Rachel? Is everything okay?"

"You were right," she sobbed as she walked over to the other couch, sitting down and starting to cry.

I got up from under Grady's arm and went to go sit next to her. I wrapped an arm around her shaking frame and pulled her closer to me.

"Right about what?" I asked, biting my lip as I looked up at Grady, who was confused.

"Gerald," she whispered as she wiped her eyes. "He said he has sex with me to make me exhausted on tour so we don't have to do anything else because there isn't time to do things."

My eyes widened as I looked at her.

"He actually said that?!" I said as I stood up. "What a fucking asshole. I'll be right back." 

"Wait, Kaitlyn," Rachel started to say, but I had already stormed out of the dressing room to make my way to the bus.

Gerald was laying on the couch in the lounge when I walked in. He sat up when he saw me.

"Kait? Where's Rach?" He asked, not getting up from his position while he held the remote in his hand.

"You, Gerald, are a fucking dick!" I yelled as I marched over to him. "You're having sex with Rachel just to shut her up."

He sat up, throwing the remote to the side as he stood up. He towered over me, but I really didn't care. His height doesn't scare me.

"I didn't say it like that-" he started to say.

"Oh, bullshit!" I yelled as I shoved him. "That's not how a god damn relationship works, Gerald! She really fucking loves you, and you're just treating her like a sex toy." 

We were too busy yelling to hear Grady and Rachel get on the bus. They were standing in the doorway of the lounge watching us argue.

"I don't treat her like a sex toy," he said loudly, pushing past me to go towards Rachel. "Tell her, baby," he said as he reached for her hand.

"Don't touch me," she muttered as she yanked her hand away, but he grabbed it anyway and pulled her into the lounge.

I yanked them apart, shoving him again.

"Are you fucking deaf? She said not to touch her, asshole," I spat as I stood in front of her. "Something has got to change between you two. I'm not going to sit here and let her get treated like this anymore."

He scoffed, laughing as he ran a hand through his hair, throwing his hands up in the air as he pointed at Rachel.

"Are you just going to let this bitch trash talk me and our relationship like this?!" He yelled. "Fucking say something!"

"I just think something needs to change, Gerald," Rachel said as she choked on tears again. "I feel like we aren't even in a relationship anymore...it feels like we're just fuck buddies."

"Oh, fuck you, Rachel," Gerald spat as he shoved past us and Grady. "I don't need you anyway."

"Hey!" Grady yelled as he put his hand on Gerald's shoulder. "Don't talk to Rachel or Kaitlyn like that, man. Rachel's trying to tell you how she feels and you're just brushing it off like it's nothing."

Gerald slipped his vans on and grabbed his hoodie, pulling it on over his lanky body and leaving the hood on top of his head.

"Her feelings don't even make sense. We were fine until Kaitlyn opened her fat fucking mouth," he said as he walked towards the front of the bus to get off.

"I'm not going to stand by and watch you mistreat someone who would take a fucking bullet for you!" I yelled at Gerald as the bus door slammed.

I sighed heavily, turning around and looking at Rachel, who was sitting on the couch with her arms crossed over herself.

"Hey," I said as I sat down next to her. "It'll be okay," I said as I rubbed her back. "He'll hopefully calm down and be a normal adult so you guys can talk this through."

"I think he just broke up with me," Rachel said softly as she leaned back on the couch "Maybe it's what we need right now...some space," she said softly. "Oh, I got you something when I went to the zoo," she said as she went to her bunk, coming back a few minutes later.

I laughed as I took the huge stuffed penguin, standing up to hug Rachel.

"Aw, thanks Rach," I smiled. "Do you want to watch a movie with me and Grady? It'll help take your mind off of things."

She nodded with a smile as she sat down on the couch again, grabbing the remote. We decided on a movie, but I couldn't help to think about Gerald and Rachel's relationship. For her sake, I hope he gets his head on straight and realizes what he's got before she's gone for good.