Chapter 16: "I'd always clear my schedule for you."

July 22, 2018
A hotel in Portland, Oregon
The Endless Summer Tour

"Babe?" Gerald asked as he squatted down in front of me on the couch, shutting my laptop screen so I would look at him. "What are you doing?"

I frowned at him, opening up my laptop again, covering his face.

"I'm trying to work on my mass communications theory paper," I said as I started typing again. "It's due next week and it has to be 10 pages, but I'm only on page six because I've been busy doing things for your tour."

He shut my laptop again, this time taking it from me and setting it to the side.

"Hey!" I said as he pulled me up to my feet. "Gerald, I really have to get this paper done."

"You'll have time," he said as he picked up my laptop, putting it in my bag and handing it to me. "But we're going to the hotel because I have a surprise for you. And no, you're not doing any work, baby."

I rolled my eyes as I took my backpack from him, slipping it on my back as I followed him out of his now empty dressing room.

"Don't you have an after-party or DJ set to go to?" I asked as I squeezed his hand, looking up at him. "You haven't done one of those in a few days, are you feeling okay?"

He chuckled, shaking his head as he looked down at me.

"I'm fine, Rach," he said as he lead us out the door, taking the pass from around my neck and flashing it to security to let them know I was with him. "I just want you to relax for a night is all. You work so hard, baby, and I'm proud of you for all you do, but you gotta focus on yourself for awhile ... and I'm going to help you."

I followed him to the bus so we could head to the hotel. We have the next day off, and Gerald said he's not going to let me do anything. I've been so caught up in designing the intro graphic for his mini-series, writing this paper and running his Instagram live every night that I've been neglecting my own needs.

"How so?" I questioned as I followed him up the stairs, shutting the door behind me. He sat down on the couch and I laid down next to him, my legs in his lap.

"For starters," he chuckled as he rubbed my legs. I never paid attention to how sore they were until now. "I'll give you that full body massage you've been asking for."

I laughed softly as I watched him drum on my legs, and it felt pretty nice.

"Yeah, right," I smirked. "It's gonna turn into us having sex, and then I won't get a massage."

He leaned over and kissed my cheek, nibbling on it softly as he laughed, pulling away again.

"No, it won't," he laughed again. "I promise. I might get hard because you know what your naked body does to me, but we won't have sex ... at least until you've gotten your massage."

"I knew there was sex hiding in there somewhere," I giggled as I turned my head while he nibbled on my cheek. "But thank youuuuu."

Xoxox

Gerald checked into his room and got the room key from the front desk. We were lucky enough to get a room on the first floor, probably Matt's doing.

Gerald slipped the key in the slot, unlocking the door. He pushed it open, but tugged me back as I started to walk in.

"Ah, no peeking," he chuckled as he slipped his hands over my eyes, guiding me into the dark room and kicking the door shut with his foot. "I want this to be a surprise," he muttered as he turned on the light. "Okay, you can look now," he said as he let his hands down from my eyes.