Chapter 24, Part 1: "And I can't wait to sneak you into my dorm."

August 24, 2018
Buffalo, New York
The Endless Summer Tour

I groaned softly, waking up when the sunlight hit my eyes. Apparently, we didn't move from last night. I woke up still in James' arms, and to be honest, I slept better than I had in a really long time.

"Hey, morning," James said as he rubbed his face, his voice was deep in the mornings like Gerald's was. They looked a lot alike, acted similar, and had similar traits, like this one that was....oh, man, don't even get me started. "Did you sleep well?" He asked as he played with a strand of my hair.

"Mhmmm," I laughed as I stretched my arms, rubbing my tired eyes as I moved over to look at Kaitlyn's bed. "Kaitlyn's not here. She must have either went to say goodbye to Grady, or she spent the night in his room," I laughed quietly, yawning again as I buried my head in the pillow. "I don't want to get up."

He shifted, laying on his side as he played with my hair again, laughing softly.

"You have to get up so you can go home and go to schoooooool," he teased, dragging out his words. "Education is very important. You don't wanna work for us your whole life."

I brought my head out of the pillow slightly, looking at him with one eye as I laughed, shaking my head. Our bodies were just inches apart now like they were when we woke up.

"I have one semester left, so I might as well finish," I said as I bit down on my lip. "Hey, James...thanks for the flowers, and for staying with me...and for making sure I was okay after what happened last night. It means a lot to me."

James reached forward and placed a kiss on my cheek, smiling as he pulled away from me.

"No need to thank me," he said as he draped an arm around my shoulders again. "You were obviously torn up, and I needed to make sure you were good before you headed back home."

I waited a few seconds, biting my lip as I debated on my next action, but before I could stop myself, I leaned in slowly and pressed a soft kiss to his lips, and surprisingly, he didn't pull away.

He moved his arm, rolling us over slightly so I was resting under him. He rested a hand on my cheek as he bit down on my lip slightly, kissing me again. After a few seconds, he pulled away, our lips touching.

"Wow," he laughed as he pecked my lips again softly, resting a hand on my waist. "I...was not expecting that, but I'm also not mad about it either."

"Sorry," I said with a small laugh as I played with the hair on the back of his neck. "I just...I dunno..."

Before I could finish my next sentence, he kissed me again and placed both of his hands on my waist, tracing tiny circles in them, making me shiver. I wasn't ready to have sex with him, and I wasn't even sure that I liked him in that way.

When I felt his hand slowly slide in my pants, I pulled away, looking up at him.

"Whoa, hey," I said with a shaky breath as I watched him roll off of me. "I-I don't think I'm ready for any of that yet, sorry," I said with a frown.

He laid down next to me, placing a hand over his beating heart as he caught his breath.

"Sorry," he said softly. "I got carried away. We don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with," he assured me as he played with the ends of my hair again. "Have I mentioned that I like your hair short?"

I sighed with relief when I heard his response, I didn't want to have to deal with both him and Gerald being pissed at me over stupid shit.

"No, you haven't," I said with a laugh. "But thanks."

Xoxoxo

*** Kaitlyn's POV ***

Grady had to be at the venue earlier than normal for some reason, and because this was going to be one of the last times I saw him before I went back to school, I tagged along. We were laying on one of the dressing room couches.

"I wish I didn't have to go," I frowned as I leaned up, kissing him softly. "I wish I could stay here with you."

"I know, Kaitlyn," he frowned as he played with my hand, squeezing it lightly. "But just think, you've got one more semester and then you move back home, find a job and move in with me."

My eyes grew wide as I bit down on my lip, breaking eye contact for a few seconds while I found the words to respond with.

"You...want me to move in with you?" I asked, making sure I heard him correctly. "Like...live together?"

He laughed, kissing my forehead as he rubbed my head gently, making me close my eyes.

"Of course," he responded. "But only if you want to after you get done with school. I could help you find a job."

I nodded, chewing on the inside of my cheek.

"I'll think about it this semester," I said as I leaned up, kissing him softly. "But first, I gotta figure out what's going on with Rachel and James. I need to know if it's a fling or if he was just there because I wasn't."

He laughed again, yawning as he leaned his head back on the pillow.

"I'm sure it's probably nothing major," he said as he twirled his fingers in my hair. "But I don't know what happened because I was with you, and Gerald said nothing happened, so we're probably out of the loop."

"Gerald is a fucking tree bitch boy, and I don't trust him one bit," I said as I rolled my eyes. "It took everything in me not to punch him when he opened your door yesterday."

"You and these ridiculous nicknames for him," he laughed. "They're hilarious, but you're right, he's hard to be trusted right now."

I shifted on the couch, rolling over so my body was pressed against his.

"I know one thing is for sure though," I frowned as I kissed him. "I'm going to miss you, and your cuddles and the sex so much when I leave."

"I know," he frowned, tugging on my bottom lip gently as I slowly pulled away. "I'm going to miss you, too, but I love you more than anything, and I promise to come to visit you whenever I'm able to."

"And I can't wait to sneak you into my dorm," I winked as I kissed him again. "I love you, too."