Chapter 32: "Is this okay?"

Kaitlyn and I were in the television studio really late over the last few days. We were going through all of our clips and deciding which parts we wanted to use and which ones we could get rid of.

I still needed the last part of Gerald's interview, and then we could really start putting this whole thing together. Tyler can't make it to help me film, but he's going to be in the studio with Kaitlyn and me, at least he's pulling his weight.

Ricky had been trying to get me out of my dorm all day, but I've been studying for my investigative journalism midterm; it was easy, but it was a big test, and I wanted to make sure I knew everything. Midterms always stressed me out but knowing that if I fail these classes means not graduating stressed me out even more.

After a couple of hours, I gave into Ricky's requests to come to see him and got up to change clothes. He told me to dress comfy, so I put on a pair of leggings, a baggy t-shirt, and a hoodie. Kaitlyn wasn't in the dorm because she was writing her midterm educational thesis report, so I texted her to let her know where I was going to be.

The door to Ricky's dorm room opened up after I knocked a few times, and he smiled when he saw me and tugged me inside.

"I'm so glad you decided to come see me for a while!" He said as he hugged me tightly, reaching down and pecking my lips softly. "You look so cute and snuggly."

I laughed softly and kissed him back, pulling away after a few seconds, reaching up and playing with his hair softly.

"I had to come see what you were up to," I winked as I walked further into the room, smiling at what I saw.

Ricky had a room to himself. His bed was in the corner, and in the middle of the room was a couch facing the wall, a coffee table, and a tv hanging up on the wall over the coffee table. It was a nice setup.

He had ordered Chinese takeout for us and set it up on the coffee table with a two-liter of Lemonade.

"Ricky," I smiled as I turned around to face him. "You didn't have to do all of this," I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down so I could kiss him again. "Thank you."

"I knew you hadn't eaten all day while you were shut in your dorm room," he said as he poked my chest, making me laugh. "It's the least I could do."

He flipped the light off and locked his door, leading me over to the couch and sitting down next to me.

"What should we watch while we dig into this delicious feast?" He asked as he looked over at me after picking up the remote. "Ladies choice, of course."

I watched him scroll through Hulu, pointing when Baywatch came across the screen.

"Let's watch that! It's got The Rock AND Zac Efron," I laughed as I watched him click on it. "Have you seen this?"

He nodded as he poured us two glasses of lemonade and fixed two plates, handing me one as we leaned back and got comfortable.

"I've seen it," he smiled. "But I guess I have competition with Mr. Efron now, huh?" He teased.

"I never said that!" I laughed, taking a bite of my chicken fried rice and swallowing before I opened up my mouth again. "It's just one of my favorite movies."

He gave my thigh a soft squeeze before going back to eating his dinner. We finished most of what he ordered; I didn't realize how hungry I was because I skipped both breakfast and lunch to study.

After we finished eating, I moved to sit next to him, tucking my feet under me and laying my head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around me, resting his hand on my thigh. Every now and then, he would rub my thigh gently, squeezing it.