Chapter 28: "You're definitely superwoman, that's for sure."

When I walked into the cafeteria, I found who I assumed to be Ricky sitting at one of the tables in the back. I took a deep breath and walked over to him, smiling when he looked up at me.

"Hi!" I smiled widely. "You must be Ricky. I'm Rachel," I said as I held my hand out for him.

He stood up from his seat with an equally wide grin in return. He was wearing a pair of blue denim skinny jeans and a grey sweatshirt.

"Hi!" He said as he took my hand, squeezing it gently before letting it fall again. "You look so cute tonight."

I blushed, feeling my cheeks get hot as I bit down on my lip.

"Thank you," I said with a slight laugh. "I honestly just picked some of my more dressier clothes from my closet. But you look pretty nice, too."

We got our dinner and came back to the table to eat, he wasted no time striking up a conversation, which was a nice change from Gerald - I usually had to ask him to get off of his phone.

"Anything new in Rachel's world?" He asked after taking a bite of his chicken sandwich. "You're always doing something pretty cool."

"I'm actually a really boring person," I laughed. "I don't really drink, and I don't party...but I'm working on a group documentary with Kaitlyn, Tally and Tyler. We have to talk about a topic in mass media. We're doing how Gerald's music videos kind of exploit women," I explained.

He nodded, setting down his sandwich as he took a few fries.

"That's quite the topic," he laughed. "You must have a lot of footage. I found you on Instagram, and I saw you went on his tour over the summer."

I wanted to frown slightly, but I stopped because I didn't want to be rude. The thought of being at school and not on tour with Gerald still makes me a little sad, but I know that I had to leave.

"Yeah," I said as I took a drink of my lemonade. "It was definitely an experience," I said as I tried to think of how to change the subject. "What do you do in your free time?"

His eyes lit up slightly when I asked him - finally, we're getting off of the topic of Gerald.

"I have my own YouTube channel, and it's got 1,000 followers," he beamed. "It's not much by any means, but I'm pretty proud of it."

"Oh, really?" I grinned. "What do you have it for?"

"I like to review a lot of music," he said as he finished his food, pushing the bag to the side so he could look at me. "It started out as me picking whatever I wanted to review, but as I grew my following, I opened it up and let people pick what I review."

"That's so cool, Ricky," I laughed slightly. "I'm a content creator, too. I make a lot of videos, but I also have to create posts and stuff for the tv station's Instagram."

Ricky pulled his laptop out of his bag and opened it up, typing something in.

"Do you want to see something?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "We don't have to watch a whole video. They're kinda long."

I nodded, scooting a little closer to him to where our thighs were nearly touching.

"I think you'll like this one," he said with a laugh as he clicked on a video where he was reviewing "Future Hearts" by All Time Low. "This is actually my favorite album," he said as he clicked play, moving his hand down.

He rested it on my knee gently before pulling away and blushing slightly, trying to focus.

"Hey, "Cinderblock Garden" was my favorite song off of that record!" I laughed as I watched some of his videos. "I like how you go into so much detail. And you even have some of your footage in here. That's amazing!"