Chapter 23, Part 1: "I had to come to see you before I went back to school."

August 23, 2018
Buffalo, New York

The Endless Summer Tour

*** Kaitlyn's POV ***

I was shocked when Rachel cut her hair a few days ago, but after she told me it was because she didn't want to be reminded that Gerald touched it, I understood. I didn't want to make her more upset by pointing out that it was un even on one side, so I offered to clean up the ends a bit and we made it nicer.

After a lot of talking and begging, I finally convinced Rachel to come with me to Buffalo so I could see Grady. I didn't want her moping around the house for a week before we went back to school, so I promised her that she wouldn't see Gerald at all.

"I don't want to be here," she groaned, following me as we walked down the hotel hallway. "I'm serious, Kaitlyn, if I see him, I'm going to hit him."

We stopped in front of our room, and I gave her the key to go inside and put her stuff down.

"You won't see him as long as you stay in the hotel room," I promised. "I won't even tell him that you're here, but if he sees you in the hallway, then that's on you, and I can't help you there. I'm going to go see Grady now."

She rolled her eyes and took the key, going inside the room with her bags and nearly slamming the door behind her. I shook my head and bit my lip as I walked to the end of the hallway, knocking on Grady's door and waiting for him to answer.

"Is Rachel here?!" Gerald asked as he opened the door, immediately looking down at me. "You're here, so Rachel's gotta be here."

"No, she's not here," I said as I shoved past him. "I'm not here for you, I'm here for my boyfriend," I squealed when I saw him coming out of the bathroom. I ran and jumped into his arms.

"KAITLYN!" Grady yelled with a laugh as he wrapped his arms around me tightly, spinning me around as he hugged me. He set me down and cupped my cheeks in his hands, kissing me roughly. "I missed you so much, oh my god, I can't believe you actually came."

I wrapped my arms around his torso, squeezing him tightly as I looked up at him with the biggest smile on my face.

"Of course I came, Grady," I said with a laugh. "I had to come to see you before I went back to school."

Gerald rolled his eyes as he watched us, slipping his slides on and grabbing his phone.

"I'm going back to my room," he muttered, opening the door. "Later, Grady, loser," he said as he nodded at me, leaving the room.

Grady rolled his eyes and walked over to the bed with me still wrapped around him. He laid me down, laying down next to me and propping his head up on his elbow.

"I love you, Kaitlyn," he said as he leaned down and kissed me. "I'm sorry for what you had to hear on the phone a few days ago. I heard about Gerald and Rachel."

"I love you, Grady," I said as I bit down on my lip. "It's okay, she knew they were going to brea-" I paused, getting a better look at his face. "Grady... your nose is swollen. What happened?"

He bit down on his lip, looking at me.

"Uh, that rustling you might've heard on the phone the other day," he started to explain slowly. "Gerald and I physically fought. He swung at me, I swung at him...my nose is a lot better than it was a few days ago."

"He fucking hit you?!" I said as I sat up. "I'm going to go give him a piece of my mind," but before I could get up, Grady grabbed my arm and pulled me back down on the bed roughly.

"No, Kaitlyn," he said sternly. "It's fine, I'm alright, really. He was saying some pretty mean stuff about you and Rachel, so I needed to hit him anyway, but he tripped me and got me a few times."

I sighed softly as I reached up, tracing the faint outline of a bruise on his nose.

"Grady," I nearly whispered. "I'm sorry for being a bitch at the hospital, and I'm sorry for leaving like I did without actually working out our problems. Rachel needed me, and she's really the only person I've got left in this world besides you, so I had to go. She needed me."

He interrupted me with a soft kiss to my lips as he hovered over me, running a hand through my hair.

"It's okay, Kait," he whispered against my lips, kissing me again. "I understand that Rachel needed you. I'm not mad. As long as you're both okay now, that's what matters," he said as he slipped a hand inside my pants, tugging them down along with my thong. "I gotta say though, I've been sex deprived for weeks..."

I laughed, biting down on my lip as I slipped my hands up his shirt, sliding it off and throwing it on the floor, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"This doesn't seem like it would be a good time," I smirked, watching his hand slide my jeans off with ease. "But you've already halfway undressed me, so you might as well go for it."

"Oh, I'm going for it," he laughed as he stood up, sliding off his skinny jeans and boxers. "I'll be gentle though, just this once," he smirked as he stood between my legs, sliding his hands up my shirt and throwing it to the side. He pulled me down to the edge of the bed, wrapping my legs around his waist.

I laughed, playing with the sheets between my fingers as I let him finish undressing me.

"Oh, it's my lucky day," I smirked as I watched him line himself up with my entrance and push into my slowly. I gasped loudly.

He leaned forward, holding himself over me with his forearms as he pushed all the way inside me, burying his head in my neck as he bit down on my collarbone roughly.

"God, I missed how soft your skin feels," he breathed against my neck as he sucked on the spot he bit. "Fuck..."

I gasped loudly, tilting my head to the side as I pressed my hips against his, scratching my nails through his scalp.

"You're gonna leave a fat mark on my neck," I laughed with a small groan as he pushed harder into me. "Just before I go back to school, too."

He pushed my hips back down as he thrust inside of me, pushing in and out.

"I gotta let every mother fucker know you're mine somehow," he smirked as he trailed soft kisses. "Even when I'm not there with you, they'll know you're mine," he said as he started biting a trail across my collarbone.

I gasped loudly, tilting my head back as I moved my hands from his hair to his shoulders, sinking my nails into them roughly.

"F-fuck, Grady," I choked out. "Everyone would know I'm yours even without the bites you're leaving," I laughed again.

He slapped my thigh roughly as he moved one of my legs up, thrusting into me a little harder. A few seconds later, he came inside of me, and it threw me over the edge, so I followed after he did.

He pulled out of me and placed a kiss to my forehead before laying down next to me, catching his breath.

"I know," he laughed with a small smile. "I just love biting you."

"I noticed," I said as I rolled my eyes, leaning up to kiss him. "But I love you."

"And I love you," he whispered as he pulled the blanket over us, yawning. "Always."