Chapter 27: "I'm excited to meet him."

*** Kaitlyn's POV ***

We've only been back at school for about a week, and I already can't wait to be done. I have my educational thesis class next, and there's this boy named Ricky in it.

I've never seen him until this class, so I've been trying to stalk him on social media to see if he'd be a good match for Rachel because she needs to get over Gerald.

From what I've found out so far, he's a math education major and he loves his dog more than anything. He's also into Gerald's music, but we may be able to look past that as long as he's not too big of a fan.

"Hi," Ricky said as he sat down in his seat next to me. "I looked you up on Instagram yesterday because you look so familiar," he said, making me look up at him. Oh no. "You're dating one of my favorite photographers, and your best friend, Rachel, is dating G-Eazy. That's so cool!" He smiled.

I rolled my eyes, setting my phone down.

"She WAS dating him," I corrected him. "They broke up before we came back to school, so they're not together anymore. And I've been dating Grady for a few months now."

"You're so lucky to know Rachel," he said as he opened up his notebook. "She's so beautiful, and I'd love to get to know her better."

"She's been through a lot recently," I said as I finished texting Grady back. "So I'm a little cautious to ask for your number to give to her. She doesn't need another breakup."

He smiled at me, writing his number down on a sheet of paper and tearing it out of his notebook.

"Oh, I just wanna get to know her," he smiled. "I'm a big fan of things she does on campus, and I think it's so cool how she's so involved."

Xoxox

After class ended, I walked back to our dorm room to find Rachel sitting on the floor setting up one of the cameras. She was putting the tripod together.

"Wow," I muttered as I shut the door. "It looks like a movie studio threw up in here," I said as I walked over to my bed, throwing my bag on the ground and laying down. "What is all this stuff?"

She looked up at me from the camera, sitting up.

"This is the tripod, the camera and some of the lights we'll need for those interviews. I also have a white backdrop," she said as she got up off the floor. "I checked them out from the studio since Gerald and Grady will be coming in a few days."

"Oh, I got a boy's number for you," I said as I pulled it out of my hoodie pocket. "He said you're beautiful, and he's a big fan of stuff you do on campus."

She smiled, sitting on her bed as she took the paper, typing the number into her phone.

"Really? That's different," she laughed as she sent him a text message. "We'll see if he responds to it."

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, plugging my phone into my charger before looking back at her.

"Are Tally and Tyler coming to help us with these interviews?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Please say no. She's going to fangirl and we're not going to get shit done."

"They have to, Kaitlyn," she said as she held her phone in her hands. "It's a group project, remember?"

I rolled my eyes, reaching in my drawer and pulling out one of the many snacks that I had stashed.

"I know, but Tally isn't even in broadcast, and Tyler got kicked out of the tv station. You know Gerald is gonna beat his ass when he walks in here," I laughed as I opened the can of Pringles. "It's gonna be a shit show."

"Gerald's gonna have to learn to control his damn temper if he really wants to work on getting back in my life again," she said as she looked down at her phone. "That's him now...I'll put it on speaker."

Rachel set her phone down and tapped the speaker button, setting it on the floor.

"Hey," he said after she answered the phone. "I just wanted you to know that Grady and I will be there in a few days. Matt can come too if you still need him."

"Yeah," she said as she played with one of the camera wires. "I'm sure he still hates me for leaving tour, but if he's willing to come here, that'd be great."

There was an awkward pause. The whole conversation was awkward - there was still a lot of tension between Gerald and Rachel.

"Alright, cool," he said as he sniffled. "I'll see you soon, Rach."

They said their goodbyes and they hung up the phone. Rachel looked up at me and sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"He had a lot that he wanted to say to me," she said as she leaned against the bed. "I don't think he's over the breakup."

"He's probably not," I said as I ate a few Pringles. "He's realizing what a piece of shit he was to you, and now he's suffering. Either that or he's waiting to see you in person."

She was about to say something but got another message on her phone.

"Oh, hey!" She grinned. "Ricky texted me back and asked if I wanted to meet him for dinner. He wants to get to know me."

"You want me to go? He seemed kinda fishy in class," I offered, watching her stand up to go rifle through her clothes and pick something out. "Just looking out for you."

She slipped on a plain black t-shirt with a pink cardigan and a pair of jeans, running her fingers through her hair slightly.

"Nah, I think I'll be okay," she smiled. "I'm excited to meet him."