Chapter 9: "And at that moment, I knew I wasn't taking her for granted anymore."

A/N: I have a reeeeaaally bad migraine, and it hurts to look at the screen, so one chapter is all I could get out for the night. This one is in Gerald's POV, though! I'm going to try and get two out tomorrow. That may be it for the week because I go back to school on Tuesday, but we'll see!!

June 2, 2018

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

The Beautiful & Damned Europe Tour

***Gerald's POV***

I haven't talked to Rachel since our big fight on the bus yesterday. She wasn't answering my text messages, and I didn't want to go to her and Kaitlyn's hotel room and get my head bit off.

Normally, she'd be right here next to me, and we'd be having sex or something, but I got to thinking about what Kaitlyn said, and I came to the realization that she's right. I need to start treating Rachel like my girlfriend.

I decided to text Kaitlyn to make her come to my room. I needed help planning out a cute date.

Me: Hey. Come down the hallway.

Kaitlyn: new phone, who is this lmao

Me: Very funny.

Kaitlyn: you expect me to come talk to you after you called me a bitch? think again sis

Me: Oh my god, I'm sorry, okay? Will you please just come help me plan a date? I'll venmo you $2000 rn

Kaitlyn: im on my way, only to help rachel. I don't give a shit about ur money

Me: Uh huh.

I had just finished venmo-ing Kaitlyn her money when I heard a knock on the door. I wasted no time answering it.

"Finally," I muttered as I let her in, watching her go sit on the bed. "You're two-thousand dollars richer," I laughed.

"Thanks," she smirked as she crossed her legs, on the bed, looking at me. "Rachel likes simple and cute, so if you want to win her over, you gotta do that."

Simple? What could I possibly do that's simple?

"You mean watch a movie and not have sex?" I asked as I pulled up the chair from the desk, sitting down in it while facing her.

She rolled her eyes, sighing as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Kinda," she muttered, rubbing her eyes. "Make a fort on the floor and get her favorite snacks. She's not too big on drinking unless she's in the mood for it, so get her favorite soda."

"Can you do it?" I asked, interrupting her.

She scoffed, standing up and crossing her arms across her chest.

"I'm not your servant, Gerald!" She yelled.

"Shhhhh!" I hushed her as I threw my hand over her mouth. "I need to build this fort."

Kaitlyn pushed my hand away and sighed again.

"Fine," she muttered. "I'm sure there's a store around here that sells stuff you can buy back home."

"There is," I said as I stood up, grabbing my wallet. "It's 10 minutes from here and it's called Tesco. Go there and get stuff. Take Grady with you," I said as I gave her my credit card.

She rolled her eyes again and snatched my card from me, putting it in the back of her phone.

"The shit I do for my best friend," she muttered as she stormed out of my room to go get Grady.