o n e

taehyung sighed as the door opened and the little bell sounded, indicating that there was a customer.

as much as taehyung hated his job, he didn't want to get fired, so he plastered on the brightest smile he could and turned to face the customer.

"hello, what can i do for you today?" he asked.

"i'm looking to adopt a pet."

"well, this is the animal shelter so..." taehyung said in a duh tone.

jimin, who happened to be taehyung's best friend, was standing beside the younger and looking through the paperwork of their previous customer who came to adopt a pet as well, nudged taehyung to be a little nicer to the customer.

"what kind of pet are you looking for?" taehyung asked in a bored tone, as he tried to keep his fake smile on.

"i feel lonely, so i want a pet that will keep me company."

"a dog is a man's best friend, but if you think you would prefer another pet, please look around and choose which one you would like to take home with you." taehyung said as he gestured to the different animals in the animal shelter.

the man nodded and began to look around while taehyung turned around to jimin. "you don't need to nudge me that hard."

"and you don't need to be that rude and mean." jimin said as he finished looking through the papers and put them away in a folder and placing it in their adoption records cabinet.

"i hate this job."

"i gave you this job! i'm your boss!" jimin glared at the younger. "what's so bad about this job? i like it."

taehyung sighed. "you like it because you love animals, but i don't. i don't like animals, especially cats. i hate cats."

"stop being so grumpy and go help the customer out. i think he found which pet he wants." jimin gestured to the customer who seemed to have caught interest in a beagle. "and later, i have to tell you a story about this guy who also hated animals."

taehyung nodded and went to help the customer. he seemed very happy to have chosen the beagle and the dog wagged it's tail in excitement as it's new owner signed the paperwork before walking out the door with him.

"it's storytime." jimin happily said.

taehyung rolled his eyes. "jimin, you always have some story to tell me."

jimin always had a story to tell taehyung for almost everything. each story had some life lesson at the end of it, which taehyung didn't understand if the story was actually real or if it was like one of those magical fairy tale lessons.

"these are stories that should help teach you something." jimin said. "but anyway, there was this guy just like you, who hated animals and despised cats the most. he had no logical reason he just simply hated them. then one day, he was given a chance to redeem himself and learn how to like cats. if he didn't then he'd be turned into the animal he hated the most. the guy didn't learn and got turned into a cat. his punishment was to walk the earth no longer as a human, but as a cat."

taehyung blinked. "so, you're telling me that if i don't learn how to love cats, i'll get turned into a cat?"

jimin nodded. "yup, so you better start being nice to cats and other animals."

"jimin what kind of story is that? who magically turns into a cat? that's fairytale stuff." taehyung said obviously not believing anything jimin said, as usual. he believed that jimin liked to tell fairytales. "it reminds me of beauty and the beast when the beast refused to help a poor old woman and got turned into a beast."

"you'll be walking the earth as a cat with the other guy as well if you don't learn to love cats." jimin warned.

taehyung rolled his eyes. "whatever you say jimin."

jimin sighed but didn't say anything else. he got up and went to check up on the animals to make sure they were all okay while taehyung boredly sat at the reception desk, waiting for a customer to walk in.

once jimin made sure the animals were okay, he headed back to the reception desk with taehyung and wondered how he could help taehyung not hate cats anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it was closing time and jimin was locking up the animal shelter after making sure all the animals would sleep good tonight.

taehyung waited for him and once he was done, the two walked together. they lived pretty close to each other and since it was almost dark outside, they always walked each other home to make sure they would be okay.

suddenly a stray cat with white fur ran in front of taehyung, causing him to stop walking and look at the cat in disgust.

jimin raised an eyebrow as he looked between the cat and taehyung.

the cat stared back at jimin with his striking blue eyes before he turned and slowly walked towards taehyung.

"eww, get away." taehyung tried to scare away the cat. "shoo, cat."

the cat had his eyes furrowed as he followed taehyung, almost as if it was mad.

"look the cat has the same expression as you." jimin joked.

taehyung glared at his boss before quickly running behind him. "you're an animal lover, do something."

"the cat seems like it wants you, though." jimin observed as the cat's striking blue eyes were fixed on taehyung's.

"well i don't want it." taehyung said a bit annoyed.

"what if this cat is the one from the story. he's come to turn you into a cat just like he was turned into one." jimin joked.

"that's not funny, jimin and that's just a story, a fairytale story actually, because it's not true."

the cat suddenly hissed and jimin quickly moved away from taehyung. taehyung didn't have time to process what was going on because the next thing he knew, he was lying on the ground, his face in pain and the was cat looking down on him.

"stupid cat," taehyung muttered before he closed his eyes and passed out.