t h i r t y t w o

kitty reached 6k reads and it's #16 in cats thank you so much 🥺

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jimin worriedly paced back and forth at the animal shelter with jungkook the next day. taehyung and yoongi wouldn't be showing up for work today because it was taehyung's day off and yoongi would be spending even more time with him today.

"are you okay jimin?" jungkook asked.

jimin said nothing, not having heard the bunny. he was too occupied in his thoughts.

now that taehyung knows that jimin is a calico cat, it would be a matter of time before he'd have to reveal the truth.

not only would he have to tell taehyung that he was the reason for seokjin's death, but he'd have to tell taehyung and yoongi the real story about jinyoung and jaebeom.

jimin had lied about the story in hopes that taehyung and yoongi wouldn't fall in love, but yoongi had already fallen in love with taehyung. jimin wondered if taehyung felt the same way and if he was just lying, pretending not to have feelings for yoongi.

"jimin?" jungkook tried again.

once again, too preoccupied in his thoughts, jimin didn't hear the bunny calling him. he was too stressed out. he had so many secrets and no one to trust with. he needed to let them out, he needed to tell taehyung and yoongi the truth, but at the same time, he didn't want to.

jungkook got a hold of jimin to stop him from pacing around and stared into his eyes. "what are you thinking of?"

jimin blinked, finally being distracted from his thoughts. "nothing..." he said.

"jimin, you didn't hear me calling your name out because you're too busy worrying about something else. just tell me what's going on. what's making you worry? don't you trust me?" jungkook asked.

jimin nodded. "i do trust you, but some secrets...you must not know about them."

jungkook raised an eyebrow, confused. "secrets? since when do we keep secrets from each other?"

"jungkook, i did a bad thing and came up with lies to cover them up. no one can know, at least not now. it'll hurt taehyung and yoongi." jimin said as he began to zone out again.

"a bad thing? what did you do? what lies did you tell? and why would it hurt taehyung and yoongi?" jungkook questioned.

jimin felt like he was going crazy. he had to tell the truth, but he wasn't ready to face it.

a tear slipped out of jimin's eyes and slid down his cheek slowly, accompanied by more tears that began to fall soon after.

"why are you crying, jiminie?" jungkook worriedly asked.

"i have to tell the truth, but i can't," jimin sobbed. "i don't want to hurt, taehyung or yoongi."

"jimin, what are you talking about?"

more tears continued to stream down jimin's face. he was thinking about seokjin and when he was still alive. "i shouldn't have fallen for a human. i'm just a cat."

"what?"

"seokjin," jimin cried.

jungkook was confused. "isn't that the name of taehyung's brother?"

"seokjin," jimin called out again.

"should i call taehyung and yoongi?" jungkook asked as he reached for jimin's phone.

"no! you can't call them, especially not taehyung. he'll be hurt when he finds out that i...killed his brother," jimin whispered the last part to himself while jungkook gave him another confused look.

jungkook hadn't heard what jimin had said, and he especially did not know what was going on or why jimin didn't want him to call taehyung or yoongi, so he embraced jimin in a hug in an attempt to get him to calm down for him to stop his tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

three days, taehyung thought. three more days.

he was currently sitting up in his bed recalling the nightmare he dreamt and how yoongi comforted him to make him feel better.

"good morning," yoongi said as he sat up. "did you sleep well after what happened?"

taehyung nodded. he slept perfectly fine cuddled up in yoongi's arms. "thanks for making me feel better."

yoongi smiled. "of course, anything for you baby."

taehyung blushed upon hearing the nickname yoongi had called him. "wh-why don't we get out of be-bed?" He stuttered.

"you want to get out of bed?" yoongi asked as he reached our towards taehyung and wrapped his send around him. "i just want to cuddle with you more. can't we cuddle for a little longer?"

taehyung leaned junto yoongi's touch, having no objections and wanting to be held in yoongi's arms again.

yoongi smiled wider as he pulled them back to laying on the bed and pulled the blanket over them. he wrapped his arms around taehyung and simply stared at him.

"why are you staring?" taehyung asked, feeling nervous under yoongi's gaze.

"i'm just admiring how beautiful you are. who knows if i'll be able to see you after this?"

"jimin said that he'll let us see each other again."

"but i won't be in my human form. i'll be a white fluffy cat with striking blue eyes," yoongi.

"who cares if you're a cat or not. at least we'll still be able to see each other." taehyung said.

yoongi nodded, "i suppose you are right."

it was silent once again, yoongi staring at taehyung, making taehyung feel nervous. he fought back the urge to blush, but it couldn't be helped when yoongi was staring at him in such a loving and admiring way.

yoongi pressed a gentle kiss against taehyung's cheek just to see him blush even more. he was teasing him.

"tell me about your brother," he said.

"seokjin was confident. he used to talk to himself in front of the mirror sometimes and say how handsome he was," taehyung said. "he was really caring. he also liked animals. his favorite animal was a cat. he couldn't help, but care for that calico cat that killed him."

"hey, don't say that," yoongi said with a frown. "tell me what you miss about him,"

taehyung sighed. "i miss everything about him, his laugh, how loud he was, his advice, everything."

"it must have been nice to have a brother."

"you don't have any siblings?"

yoongi shook his head no. "i was an only child. i was alone, at least not physically, but emotionally. i needed someone to be there for me, but i couldn't rely on my parents. they wouldn't have understood me. they seemed to care more for our pet than me."

"what kind of pet did you have?" taehyung asked.

"a cat, that's how everything began. i turned into a cat because of a cat. i hated that cat. it received more than and attention than i ever did."

"i'm sure your parents missed you after you were turned into a cat," taehyung tried to reassure.

yoongi shook his head. "my parents thought i disappeared and died. i went to visit them once in my cat form and heard them talking about me."

taehyung wrapped an arm around yoongi and pulled them close. he placed a gentle kiss on his forehead, just like yoongi had done to him the night before. then he placed more gentle kisses on his cheeks, his nose, the corners of his mouth and everywhere on yoongi's face. " it's okay yoongi, i care about you. i'm going to miss you a lot."

taehyung once again wished he could have the courage to say to tell yoongi that he loved him.