t h i r t y s i x

here is a cookie for making you guys cry last chapter 🍪 it's filled with lots of love 🥺

now, here is another cookie while you read this double update as well 🍪

also, we reached 8k reads thank you so much

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taehyung was sulking the next day at work. the animal shelter was quieter than usual.

had it always been this quiet without yoongi and jungkook? taehyung wondered.

as taehyung sighed and placed a hand under his chin, jimin kept glancing at him, debating when he should tell him the truth.

feeling his gaze, taehyung turned. "is something wrong jimin?"

jimin hesitated. "i have...i have something to tell you."

"what is it?"

"if i tell you, will not get mad at me?"

"jimin, why would i get mad at you? you're my best friend," taehyung said as he forced a smile on his face. he wasn't in the best mood at the moment, but he also wanted to smile to assure his best friend.

"taehyung, i only became your friend because i felt guilty."

"what?"

"i killed your brother."

as soon as he said it, jimin felt a small weight being lifted off his shoulders while taehyung didn't seem to understand what jimin was talking about.

"what are you saying, jimin?" taehyung asked, confused.

jimin took a shaky breath and repeated himself. "i killed your brother."

"jimin, stop lying. you didn't kill seokjin. i was there when it happened. it was some calico cat who killed my brother."

"no, taehyung, i'm telling the truth. i am that calico cat that killed your brother. i used to visit seokjin often until he died...because of me."

taehyung didn't know what was going on. he removed his hand from under his chin and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "jimin, are you okay?"

"taehyung, i need you to listen to me," jimin said as he grabbed one of taehyung's hands and looked into his eyes. "your brother died, because of a calico cat. i was that calico cat. i used to visit him often because...because i loved him."

"you loved seokjin?"

jimin nodded. "i was able to turn human, but i was always too shy and nervous, so i always remained in my cat form. seokjin seemed to enjoy seeing me too, but he only knew my cat form. if i would have just hurried across the street, your brother would have still been alive today."

taehyung remained silent as he tried to process what jimin had told him. he realized that jimin was serious, but he also couldn't believe what jimin was saying. "you...were the calico cat?"

"yes, it's my fault that seokjin died. you lost your brother because of me and i felt like it was my responsibility to look after you, that is why i became your friend," jimin explained as he worriedly looked at taehyung.