t w e n t y t h r e e

double update because @chgswm spent the whole day reading this book 🥺

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taehyung had a tight hold of jungkook's wrist that morning as he strolled through the isles at the store. he was afraid of losing the bunny due to experience with yoongi.

jungkook's eyes were wide with excitement as he stared at the foreign food. "how does this taste like taehyung? is this good? what does spicy mean? can i eat this? is this really a coconut inside a can? oh, that looks delicious!"

taehyung patiently turned to jungkook. "we are here to buy cheeseballs. if you want something else, you can only choose one thing."

jungkook eagerly nodded. "okay, but i don't know what to get? there are so many things i want to try."

"maybe you should try something sweet, like candy." taehyung said as he tried to hold onto two containers of cheeseballs in one arm while holding jungkook's wrist in the other. "how about some chocolates?" he asked as he walked to the candy isles.

"where's the chocolate?" jungkook asked.

taehyung pointed to the rows of and different types of chocolate. jungkook's mouth watered.  "does chocolate taste good as it looks?" he asked while looking at the pictures printed on the bags and boxes of chocolate.

"well, if the kids love it, then it obviously tastes good." taehyung said.

"do you love chocolate?" jungkook curiously asked.

"yeah, i love chocolate."

"what's your favorite kind?"

taehyung scanned the isles until he found his favorite. "hershey's almond chocolate bars are my favorite. they also have some without almonds." taehyung said as he noticed jungkook's sour expression at the mention of almonds.

"i want the one without almonds." jungkook said.

"should we get some for jimin and yoongi?" taehyung asked.

jungkook nodded. "i don't like sharing."

they paid for the two containers of cheeseballs and four hershey's chocolate bars and jungkook asked for one of the chocolate bars just like an excited child when their mom buys them chocolate at the store.

they arrived at the animal shelter ten minutes later. the first thing jimin asked as they walked in was, "jungkook what happened to your face?"

"i don't know, beauty?"

jimin facepalmed and taehyung let out a soft chuckle. he took some tissues off the counter and handed them to jungkook. "clean your mouth with this. you got a little chocolate on the sides of your face."

jungkook did as he was told before continuing to eat the chocolate. "human food is so delicious!" he said as he slowly ate chocolate. he wanted to taste the flavor, to savor it so that once he turned back into a bunny he could describe the taste to his siblings.

"did you buy me the cheeseballs?" yoongi asked as he appeared beside jimin.

"oh yeah, i did and i bought you a chocolate bar too." taehyung said as he pulled out the items.

yoongi happily hugged the container of the cheeseballs and smiled while holding the chocolate bar in his hands. "it's been so long since i had chocolate."

"i bought you one too." taehyung said to jimin while handing the chocolate bar.

taehyung then took out his and began to eat it as well. the familiar feeling of sweetness on his tastebuds made him smile.

"no wonder kids like this so much." jungkook said. "oh, i should save some for hoseok! he'll love it!" jungkoook wrapped the rest of the chocolate bar with the wrapper and put it in his pocket.

taehyung felt like he should have told him something, but didn't know what, so he shrugged and ate his chocolate in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hoseok!" jungkook yelled. he ran up to his boyfriend's arms and the other engulfed him into a hug.

"hi, kookie," hoseok smiled. he placed a small peck on the bunny's lips.

"i got you something," jungkook said while reaching for his pockets for the chocolate. he frowned when he felt something squishy. pulling out he wrapped, jungkook gasped when he pulled out the chocolate wrapped and saw that the chocolate was gone.

"taehyung, the chocolate." jungkook whined.

taehyung hit his forehead upon realization. "i forgot to tell you, but if you put chocolate in your pocket or somewhere warm, it will melt."

"so this is the chocolate?" jungkook asked while poking the now melted chocolate.

taehyung nodded. "sorry jungkook, i should have told you."

"no worries," jungkook tried to reassure. he turned to his boyfriend. "i have cheeseballs for us."

taehyung watched as jungkook began to feed hoseok some cheeseballs, the two of them giggling about something. he glanced back at yoongi and found him already staring at him.

taehyung quickly turned away as he felt the blush start to form on his cheeks. he nervously kept himself busy with jimin throughout the whole day.

when it was time to go home, yoongi had asked if he could go home with taehyung again. jimin wanted to object, but seeing how taehyung's time was running out, he had no choice. besides jimin knew he could trust taehyung and yoongi. he knew they wouldn't do anything that would make them fall in love. he told them the tragic love story, well half of it at least, so he assumed they would listen.

"i hate jimin's house," yoongi said as he watched taehyung get ready for bed. he was already on the bed and under the blankets, but was currently waiting for taehyung. "he has no human food other than carrots and those are jungkook's. i don't know how he can eat cat food. it's nasty and- oh, did you know that jimin is a cat? i don't think we ever mentioned it before."

taehyung nodded while climbing into bed beside yoongi. "yeah, jungkook told me. i didn't even expect him to be an animal. i just thought he was a special human that had to keep the animals safe and protected."

"well, he is, but the only time you'll find him in his cat form is when he's in the animal kingdom or at his house," yoongi explained. he turned to his side to face taehyung. "speaking of cats, you don't have much time left. you only have about a week left."

taehyung sadly smiled. "i know."

"but don't worry i'm sure you'll remain a human."

"yoongi, i don't care if i remain human, i just want to kiss you again. i wish i could kiss you without you turning into a cat."

"you still can," yoongi said while pointing to his cheek.

so taehyung leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss against yoongi's cheek. his lips lingered there before slowly trailing down to the corner to where yoongi's upper and bottom lips meet. avoiding his lips, taehyung pressed another gentle kiss to the corner of yoongi's lips.

"i wish i could kiss your lips," taehyung said while staring longingly at yoongi's lips.

"me too," yoongi whispered.